Business Transformation Manager
Loudoun County, VA
What you’ll be doing...
As our Business Transformation Manager (BTM), you will report to the Director of Business Transformation and work with business unit and functional leaders at the highest levels within the organization, especially leaders in the wireline business units, to execute on a variety of strategic and transformational projects aimed at achieving the strategic and financial objectives of the business and preparing the business for future. You may be asked to drive business transformation efforts, new revenue-generating initiatives, or analytics across one or more Verizon business units. These transformation initiatives will be conceived at the highest levels of the organization and, as such, will have visibility at that level.
Not only will you get to frame initiative scope and strategy but you will also lead the execution of recommendations. Your focus will be specifically around key performance indicator development and implementation with respect to certain practices within the business. In this process, you will lead the execution teams drawn from the Business Transformation group, as well as the business and functional units.
- Lead concept, define scope, and execute on strategic and operational business transformation initiatives, ranging from corporate and operational strategy to process improvement.
- Provide proactive and engaged leadership on key projects designed to increase revenue, reduce expenses, enhance business efficiency, and improve customer experience.
- Be an effective change agent utilizing proper stakeholder analysis and change management techniques.
- Work with the Director of Business Transformation, and leaders in wireline business units, to provide effective leadership for the initiatives under analysis and execution.
- Provide senior leadership and functional unit management with updates on project status, key metrics, issues, and risks.
- Understand and analyze various drivers impacting key metrics and outcomes and provide a fact-based recommendation to the stakeholders.
- Be a liaison between business units on projects that have a multi-organization or business unit scope.
- Facilitate team meetings and cross-functional workshops.
- Conduct analyses needed to prove or disprove the hypotheses driving project execution.
- Proactively anticipate and work towards mitigating risks to project execution or stakeholder engagement.
- Support others by providing real-time coaching on business transformation and process improvement methodologies and tools.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or related field, or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
Even better if you have:
- A Degree.
- MBA or advanced degree.
- Experience working in a tier-1 management consulting organization.
- Experience developing and using key performance indicators to drive business performance, specifically around labor and project performance, including budget-to-actual analyses and estimates to complete; including IT system enhancements related to performance metric developments.
- Good presentation skills, including the ability to create presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint, and experience presenting to all levels of an organization.
- Quantitative and analytical skills, ability to conduct outside/inside research, analyze data, and used Microsoft Excel effectively to develop models and drive analyses.
- Experience in telecom or related industries.
- Experience or certification in Lean Six Sigma.
- Ability to drive results at all levels, regardless of reporting structures.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects on time and budget.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience focusing on strategy, operational processes, and customer experience.
- Performance and trusted professional credibility.
- Experience leading a team with proven facilitation, change management, and problem solving experience.
- Comfort in working up and across the organization – working with senior staff members and front line employees.
- Strategic thinking that results in new ideas that drive the business forward.
- Track record of handling extremely confidential information appropriately.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.