Category Procurement Sourcing Expert
What you’ll be doing...
The Strategic Sourcing Consultant position is responsible for the development and execution of sourcing strategies to leverage relationships across the enterprise to achieve best total value, including category management strategies and execution. You’ll be creating sourcing strategies that get us the materials and services we need, and at the right price and quality. Once the sourcing plan is developed and implemented, you’ll monitor your internal customers and the external market for changes that create new savings opportunities. Our purchasing power combined with your skills and expertise will help us maintain our market-leading position. Come play an important role in driving continuous cost savings and revenue generation.
Responsibilities associated with the position include:
- Performing business analytics.
- Negotiating the best possible cost service guarantee and developing win-win strategies to achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- Evaluating supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models.
- Guiding internal business partners through the supplier selection and acquisition process as per Verizon Sourcing Policies.
- Ensuring that category strategies result in and generate roadmaps of savings and value streams, and where appropriate, innovation opportunities.
- Continual monitoring of internal customers and supply markets for changes that may impact the sourcing strategy.
- Assuming accountability for all activities related to the external procurement of services and maintenance of various systems of Verizon.
- Developing and managing cross-functional teams, running strategic sourcing processes, contract negotiation, contract administration (including utilizing sourcing systems), overseeing supplier performance, analyzing financial data, business planning, administration, and analysis.
- Championing, developing, managing, and driving key sourcing relationships that are critical to success of telecommunications business and impact the entire customer base.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of commodities in the context of US business, including internal requirements, resale, and global integration deals.
- Knowledge of legal terminology and language related to supplier and resale agreements and contracts.
- Ability to draft the Statement of works/Master agreements and Adoption agreements on his/her own.
- Fluency in English (oral and written).
- Willingness to work between 3:00pm and 12:00pm (IST), and the willingness to work flexible shifts as needed.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Eight or more years of experience in strategic sourcing.
- A master’s degree.
- Seven or more years of experience in Ariba, SAP, and Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Lean Six Sigma experience.
- Certification in CPSM/CPM/CIPS.
- Expertise in end-to-end sourcing.
- Knowledge of managing strategic sourcing deliverables, including Seven Step Sourcing (i.e., spend analysis, market research, supplier due diligence, sourcing strategy, RFX management, bid analysis, and contract management and supplier performance management).
- Knowledge of data analytics, Ariba, and supplier relationship management.
- The ability to work effective in an agile environment, switching between categories to meet business demands.
- Experience in or exposure to dealing with large market suppliers.
- Skill in negotiating and managing costs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and problem solving skills.
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment.
- The ability to lead meetings and conference calls.
- The ability to facilitate presentations to large audiences.
- The ability to design and execute strategies in a global environment.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner based on client needs (e.g., recording tasks, monitoring them, and closing them out quickly and efficiently).
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.