Competitive Intelligence Analyst
Loudoun County, VA
What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Business Group (VBG) Competitive Intelligence marketing team combines industry expertise, research, and analytical skills in order to assess the actions of competitors and determine how to gain or maintain dominance in the Telecommunications industry.
The team is responsible for informing VBG sales, product, marketing, and strategy leadership with key competitive intelligence allowing them to make effective decisions on future actions. We do this by gathering and analyzing relevant data to determine the likely course of action that leadership will take. Our team will ensure Verizon’s key decision-makers have an insight advantage by reading market signals, aiding all aspects of business development and strategic planning.
The Competitive Intelligence Analyst will work with senior leaders and product experts across the organization to assess developments in their competitive environments, thereby helping to accelerate the company’s overall growth agenda. The role will provide insight and expertise to help inform our strategic planning process – with emphasis on evaluating external market trends, macroeconomic factors, regulatory developments, and the competitive landscape.
- Interpreting industry publications, trade show materials, pricing & promotions, and market research on a daily basis.
- Thoroughly analyzing competitors’ models by clearly linking this to their overarching strategies and near-term tactical moves is an essential complement to our businesses’ day-to-day understanding of our competitors’ market position.
- Serving as a central contributor in a high-profile team that serves as Verizon senior leadership’s trusted advisor on clarifying competitors’ evolving position within markets and the implications for our businesses.
- Supporting lead for Enterprise segment competitive pricing and promotions within technology pillars (e.g. 5G, MEC, IoT, Advanced Communications, Security, Network).
- Collecting real-time data for pricing (device & plan), promotion, strategic, features & offerings.
- Providing business analysis in response to competitive announcements.
- Routinely updating the leadership team on competitive positioning and strategies.
- Creating in-depth competitor profiles and documentation.
- Developing a thorough knowledgeof the competitive products and market dynamics.
- Working proactively with cross-functional teams to understand business questions/objectives, identify the information currently available, clearly define the gaps and articulate a proposed methodology and plan to deliver on those requirements.
- Closely managing projects from inception to completion ensuring they remain within scope, budget, and desired timeframe.
- Distilling market research findings into key actionable insights and clearly communicate results.
- Managing vendors and provide appropriate direction to maintain alignment of project objectives.
- Integrating information across groups and projects and not siloed to one team or one project.
- Defining key intelligence topics and questions that will support ongoing competitive intelligence monitoring.
- Providing timely CI reporting and alerts that will foster competitive awareness and readiness.
- Partnering with team members, front line, and other teams to continually learn and inspire others in the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Bringing a strategic perspective - devising and integrating a long-term vision, based on a thorough knowledgeof industry trends and opportunities. Managing an effective planning process that demonstrates creativity and effectiveness in addressing major strategic challenges.
- Promoting open communication - utilizing excellent communication and interpersonal skills to encourage and inspire others. Leveraging strong presentation skills in both small and large group settings and seeking broad input and feedback combined with frequent and effective follow-up.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree or MBA.
- Six or more years of functional experience in a financial/business analyst, market intelligence or a strategic planning role with an enterprise-sized organization.
- Telecommunications, Technology, or related B2B industry experience. Experience in media monitoring, including hands-on work with tools such as Crayon, Google Alerts, or similar online search query tools highly valued.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with specific ability to communicate concepts and ideas concisely and defend their validity.
- Ability to comfortably interact with business stakeholders (management and senior executives) in a professional and mature manner.
- Excellent technology skills with strong PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and G Suite applications. Ability to quickly learn new software applications.
- Ability to multitask across several concurrent projects.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.