Data Insights and Strategy Analyst
Middlesex County, NJ
What you’ll be doing...
You will implement and deliver Artificial Intelligence and Data use cases in partnership with business and Global Technology teams applying a business mindset to data issues and AI initiatives. You will work on a portfolio of innovative projects to enable digital operational excellence for the business unit.
You will partner with internal teams to provide data and AI services through identifying the right data, conducting research and analyses, and providing insights to make recommendations and guide decision making. You will be the go to person for carrying out statistical analysis and data mining tasks. You will drive business results with data-based insights. You will work on the best ways to share the data in dashboards, presentations, and written reports to suit the need and the audience.
- Collaborate with a wide array of business groups and functions to help drive insights creation and develop use case hypotheses.
- Solve business problems by collecting and analyzing varied data sources – 1st party and 3rd party and provide innovative solutions.
- Bridge business and analytics to identify opportunities and data needs and embed business insights in model design.
- Coordinate a multi-functional team including: data engineers, data scientists, designers, business process designers as well as input of multiple end-user stakeholders.
- Articulate the organization’s proposition to business stakeholders and conduct diagnostics to identify use case opportunities.
- Build analytical solutions and models by manipulating large data sets and integrating diverse data sources.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and develop reproducible analytical approaches to meet business requirements.
- Assist with project management for selected projects. Ensure blockers are identified and removed wherever they occur and escalated if needed.
- Apply machine learning and statistical techniques to large data sets to find actionable insights.
What we’re looking for...
You have a gift for taking unstructured data, organizing it, finding the valuable takeaways, and making it understood by others. You enjoy immersing yourself in a subject and becoming the go-to expert. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day but you are organized so no balls are dropped. You view problems as puzzles you’d like to solve. You are comfortable working on your own but you also enjoy collaborating with others. You are a good listener and able to translate a business question into just the right analysis to find the answer.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience conducting research or analyses.
- Experience in SQL, Hive and BI tools (Tableau, Qlik, ThoughtSpot)
- Managed projects for multiple stakeholders.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics or Economics, MBA.
- Knowledge of Telecom industry, Retail and Care operations, Sales and Marketing effectiveness.
- Experience with Python and R.
- Ability to develop and maintain deep, trust-based business relationships
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.