Somerset County, NJ
What you’ll be doing...
Reporting to the Marketing Effectiveness and Transformation organization, this role offers the perfect blend of marketing, technology, process improvements, project management, and Marketing ROI. The Director of Marketing Transformation is responsible for developing and executing the Verizon strategy to transform marketing through data and technology. The role demands strong collaboration across Business Unit Marketing teams, Chief Data Office, Customer Experience, CMO, and Finance to develop and implement the 3-year strategic roadmap to execute Real Time marketing transformation end-to-end. The Director will own the governance process and report to Senior Leaders on progress and key areas that might require strategic alignment. The Candidate will seek for the implementation of projects with the highest ROI by establishing intake, valuation, and performance measurement processes and tools that balance long and short-term value with ease of implementation, urgency, strategy, and capabilities. You will lead a team of 5 to 7 managers located in our NJ and NY Offices.
Specifically, this role will be:
- Lead Marketing Transformation initiatives thru the implementation of Quality Management System and Zero Based Budgeting initiatives
- Lead the development and execution of the strategic/tactical roadmap and timeline to deliver personalized Real Time marketing experiences. The roadmap should address capabilities, processes, technology, data infrastructure, and organization
- Set-up and manage governance model that delivers alignment across functional teams and leadership
- Develop business cases to justify the investment and resources needed on support of executing the strategic roadmap
- Lead the process of defining key capabilities and processes required for Real Time marketing use cases and create a gap analysis that determines Verizon’s current position and what capabilities are needed to execute them
- Provide strategic leadership and creative thinking around technology trends and their effectiveness driving organizational change
- Partner with the Chief Data Officer to identify how to best leverage Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) capabilities to execute Real Time marketing
- Lead the development of the enterprise-wide requirements to create an integrated customer and prospect data platform
- Ability to understand the needs of non-technical internal partners, devise a strategy and deliver solutions that meet their needs in a cost-effective manner
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Technology or related field, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years’ experience in business strategy
- 10+ years of experience on Digital Marketing, CRM, Media, and Customer Data Platforms
- Solid understand of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applications to marketing
- Demonstrated success prioritizing and launching technology solutions on-time by partnering with cross-functional teams to achieve business goals
- Project management experience
- Experience leading a team of managers including setting performance goals and developmental plans to elevate team value/performance results
- Experience with industry benchmarking and trend analysis
- Experience managing communications & status reporting across multiple organizational levels including Sr. Executives
- Able to make trade-offs to deliver effective solutions to business partners in a timely fashion
- Outstanding oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Works effectively across organization boundaries
- Builds high performance work teams
- Demonstrates a highly consultative approach with business partners
- Highly professional with high ethics and standards
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.