Director, Brand Identity and Design
New York County, NY
What you’ll be doing...
The Director Brand Identity and Design will serve as the corporate brand champion in the development, maintenance and implementation of brand identity and design, including brand frameworks, systems, naming, logos, etc. This role will work with external brand agencies and cross-functionally to ensure creative integration across the company.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Acts as an authority and promoter of Verizon’s Brand, ensuring that brand promise, positioning and identity are consistent through all stakeholder touch points, both external and internal
- Supports SVP Marketing Creative and works with internal and external brand agency and partners to develop and implement innovative corporate brand positioning strategies and programs
- Oversees the effective implementation of the brand across all touch points and channels including external and internal comms
- Works closely and develops strong partnerships with BU Marketing teams to coordinate and accomplish brand-related projects
- Leads naming conventions and design articulation across BU and CMO initiatives
- Lead on any and all new brand initiatives (i.e Yahoo rebrand, 5G guidelines, retail design expansion)
Brand Planning, Development & Execution:
- Ensures all communication and branding efforts are in line with purpose, vision, mission and ambition of the brand strategy
- Oversees and guides all brand design in partnership with SVP of creative and all respective teams
- Understands the competitive landscape; identifies, assesses market drivers and competitive differentiators to elevate positioning and build strong brand equity
- Recommends, manages and executes the full brand identity marketing plan. Establishes high impact, annual short-term and long-term strategic brand marketing plans with 12- to 18-month horizons
What we’re looking for...
- 10+ years of professional experience in brand management
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required. Advanced degree preferred
- Strong creative skills (copy and design)
- Expertise in crafting brand design and communication elements
- Experience in managing complex, multi-stakeholder projects, and achieving goals on time and within budget
- Ability to implement seamlessly, motivate team members, and confidently interact with executives and other senior levels of the organization in order to influence, persuade, gain support, input and approvals
- Strong track record leveraging collaborative leadership in a matrix organization to get things done, with a respectful and professional attitude
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Familiarity with latest trends, technologies and methodologies in web design, production, graphic design, etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- PC knowledge, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and knowledge of web software
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.