Full Stack Engineer
Ranga Reddy, India
What you’ll be doing...
The Full Stack Developer is a strategic, multi-disciplined technologist. You will be a hands-on engineering leader with deep coding skills, DevOps/SDLC platform and tooling skills, and subject matter expertise on Cloud Platform technologies. You are a continuous learner who is passionate about teaching, mentoring, and coaching others on improving how we build technology. You will work closely with teams to transform the way they work, leveraging Agile, DevOps, and Cloud principles and practices. You will be responsible for providing assistance and direction to other teams, ensuring that all technologies work effectively together. You will also be required to have experience across multiple technologies and applications and directly impact the Public Cloud, DevOps transformation, and Strategic North Star Architecture initiatives across Verizon.
- Recruiting and onboarding engineering talent to build and provide engineering practices and services.
- Providing hands-on technical coaching and accelerating the learning of engineers across Verizon.
- Leading technology practices by pairing with engineering teams to design and implement scalable, secure, and high-performance solutions which enable development teams to move faster.
- Driving the technology strategy for efforts to improve overall developer experience and productivity.
- Driving strategy, patterns, and working code for how we apply engineering practices across Verizon.
- Driving innovation by assessing, piloting, and building DevOps/Cloud tooling and services to improve overall developer experience and productivity.
- Championing engineering communities of practices across the organization.
- Leading external community engagement efforts focused on strengthening Verizon’s leadership and influence in the DevOps and Cloud community.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of application development experience.
- Three or more years using Agile, Lean, and DevOps practices.
- Two or more years of experience in Full Stack development (e.g., Angular, React, NodeJS, Spring, DB tech).
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Knowledge of multiple databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL).
- Knowledge of automation practices throughout the development, build, and deployment phases of the application life-cycle.
- Experience with cloud-based development practices on AWS, Google Compute Engine, Azure, or OpenStack.
- Experience with containers and container scheduling and management platforms (e.g., Docker, rkt, Mesos, Kubernetes).
- Experience with programming and scripting languages (e.g., Ruby, Go, Python, Perl, bash).
- Experience with development using Git Repos - Gitlab or Bitbucket.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment technologies (e.g., Bamboo, Continuum, Jenkins CI, Artifactory).
- Experience with test-driven development frameworks for application and infrastructure code.
- Experience with telemetry solutions (e.g., Prometheus, Sensu, Graphite, Influxdb).
- Experience with logging and reporting solutions (e.g., Logstash, Elasticsearch, and Kibana (ELK), Grafana, Splunk).
- Proficiency with configuration management and automation tools (e.g., Chef, Ansible).
- Proficiency with orchestration template technologies (e.g., OpenStack Heat, AWS Cloud Formation, Google Cloud Deployment Manager, Hashicorp Terraform).
- Proficiency in developing cloud-native applications that adhere to Microservices and twelve-factor application principles.
- Ability to drive strong testing practices (e.g., TDD/BDD, Test Automation, CI).
- Ability to implement work alongside other engineers you’re coaching and developing.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.