Government Sales Account Manager
What you’ll be doing...
You’ll be the lynchpin in delivering innovative solutions to State, Local, and Federal Government agencies that make them more connected to the world. You’ll be tasked with expanding sales opportunities through strategic networking, negotiating and closing sales. Having a deep understanding of complex government agencies will drive your success as a trusted adviser that they can rely on to make their operations run better.
- Understanding customer needs and recommending innovative solutions.
- Seeking out new growth opportunities and generating new sales leads.
- Writing proposals and responding to Request for Proposals (RFPs).
- Providing follow-up training for new customers.
- Managing your sales pipeline and activity with sales management tools.
- Generating forecasting and tracking reports.
- Keeping up with new offerings and market trends through training and your own research.
What we’re looking for...
You make it easy for customers to do business with you by building relationships through listening, anticipating and responding to their needs. You understand how technology and services come together to solve business challenges and can explain just how in a way that customers understand. You thrive on closing a big deal but also know that strong follow-through, a sense of urgency, and putting the customer first will get you there. Working with government agencies is a little different—there’s a fair amount of red tape—but you take it in stride and deliver outstanding customer service in just the way that works for them.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Outside sales experience.
Even better if you have:
- Managed large complex accounts and sales.
- Sold to large national or government accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Valid driver’s license.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.