IoT Edge - Application Integration
Wake County, NC
What you’ll be doing...
The Principal Enterprise Solutions Integration Architect will apply practical knowledge of enterprise IT systems integration to design, develop and oversee moderate to high complexity enterprise IT integration solutions, with an emphasis on healthcare IT systems. You will be a senior technical architect that can lead the customer and Verizon teams through the visioning, planning, design, implementation and testing, deployment, and user enablement phases of the enterprise application/solution integration projects lifecycle.
- Understand customer business requirements and produce solution definition and design artifacts with required functions, interfaces, and detailed technical architectures.
- Conduct architectural assessments and strategies working with application developers, client end users, partners, and domain experts to formulate current and future solution integration needs.
- Analyze application/solution integration and interface requirements and create detailed specifications.
- Architect interface solutions using common healthcare interoperability standards and/or protocol such as: HL7, CCD, XML, X12, FTP, etc.
- Architect enterprise integration solutions using API Management, SOA, Message/Service Bus technologies.
- Own the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific enterprise solutions integration projects.
- Engage with other Verizon teams, solutions architects, partners/vendors, and professional services organizations to drive large and highly complex sales opportunities to closure.
- Act as a team lead as well as an advisor and technical mentor to other technical project team members.
- Support the Verizon sales teams by taking an active role in contributing to account planning and pre-sales activities.
- Present and discuss complex technical details with engineers/architects and brief executive audiences.
- Represent Verizon and Professional Services during tradeshows, technology events, and customer executive presentations.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in HL7 interface development such as designing, building, programming, installing and supporting HL7 interfaces.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science or related technical field.
- Ten or more years of hand-on experience in Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) with an emphasis on healthcare enterprise IT systems.
- Proficiency in healthcare systems interface engines such as: Cloverleaf, Open Engine, or other comparable systems.
- Knowledge of middleware technologies/principles (i.e., MDM, ETL, ESB, SOA and Federation).
- Experience with Micro-services, API Management, MQ, RDBMS, Middleware platforms.
- Knowledge of software and application design and architecture.
- Proficiency in UML and other modeling methods.
- Experience in Healthcare IT across Provider, Payer and/or life sciences sectors.
- Experience in program and project management with success leading large, complex initiatives
- Oral and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in Agile product management methodology and tools.
- Experience in large scale healthcare data processing such as EHR, claims, and other healthcare related data.
- Knowledge of DW/ETL/BI solutions and implementations.
- Knowledge of architecture frameworks like Togaf, Zachman etc.
- Knowledge in DevOps and Cloud systems integration.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.