What you’ll be doing...
The work you’ll be doing will support a portal that our millions of customers have access to online to have any question they have answered. When this application is working well, it is an important part of the overall customer experience. Under the guidance of senior applications staff, you will work as a team member on various projects to develop, implement and maintain this important application.
- Collecting client requirements, system features and functionality and developing system designs.
- Performing analysis and writing program specifications for multiple projects.
- Developing user interfaces, completing programming and producing targeted deliverables.
- Coordinating project requirements, schedules and activities and providing status reports.
- Supporting users by developing documentation and responding to inquiries.
- Performing technical evaluation of products to determine advantages and disadvantages.
Other tasks and responsibilities associated with the position include:
- Serving as the developer working in the Enterprise Quoting Application for Verizon Business Group.
- You will play a critical part in enabling telecom products for wireline and wireless Enterprise customers.
- While partnering with multiple provisioning and billing systems for product enablement.
- Analyzing business requirements and creating technical design documents in accordance with the company’s architecture standards.
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js or Angular.js.
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
What we’re looking for...
You enjoy using your analytical mind to solve complex problems. You’re great at working in teams and can use your strong communication skills to get your point across. You get a kick out of finding solutions to meet defined requirements in a fast-paced environment.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- Experience developing Java/J2ee web applications and Web Services.
- Knowledge of SDLC and Agile Development.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience with Spring 4, Spring Boot, Spring Data and Jersey
- Experience with Angular JS, HTML 5 and CSS2 or CSS3
- Knowledge of Maven and Spring Cloud tools
- Knowledge of No SQL - Cassandra
Also better if you have:
- Excitement working as a Java/J2EE developer with knowledge in both US (Angular/React), back-end (Spring, Microservices), and database skills.
- Two or more years of applied experience.
- Experience implementing Microservices and laaS infrastructure based on AWS CodeDeploy, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, and/or other similar technologies.
- Experience with devOps concepts and CI/CD pipeline.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.