Lead UX Designer
Bangalore Urban, India
What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon India Design Team is a new internal group tasked with evolving the Verizon customer experience across all channels and touchpoints through the design and implementation of innovative products and services that customers love.
Working from Verizon India Design studio space, the team is assembling the brightest designers, design strategists, researchers, and product managers to collaborate within teams shaping the future of the customer experience.
As a Lead - Experience Designer you will lead design initiatives that impact the end-to-end customer journey, designing brand-defining experiences for a range of consumer-facing products and services. One in three Americans uses Verizon services, so your work will have meaningful impact at a massive scale.
You are a model design practitioner who facilities and delivers innovative design solutions through collaboration with cross functional teams and business partners. You excel, model and teach at least one of the core disciplines while reliably able to perform other disciplines. Able to work independently and deliver reliably within deadlines. You are a model and mentor for designers in your areas of expertise on your projects and contribute more broadly to our communities of practice. You are accountable for your growth as an individual practitioner and the growth of your peers. You are comfortable thinking on your feet and handling complexity. You communicate confidently, concisely and clearly.
You produce sound, effective design solutions and collaborate with your team to come up with ideas and make things. You provide mentorship to designers on your team. You get to know your partners in product, tech, and business and practice consulting through active listening and present rationale for the whole team’s solutions. Outside of your project, you externalize your skills and knowledge to colleagues.
As a Lead - Experience Designer, you:
- Generate multiple credible design solutions.
- Engage in divergent/convergent group work.
- Judge solution quality and context appropriateness.
- Guide a range of exploration.
- Provide directional input.
- Identify design problems and opportunities within brief/context.
- Design within an established set of rules (patterns, guidelines, constraints, principles, etc.).
- Articulate user, business, or technical reasoning for design decision.
- Maintain organized working files and project directories.
- Explore, refine, and document solution thoroughly.
- Are attentive to detail.
- Maintain fluency in shared tools and software.
- Uphold and maintain standards.
- Objectively evaluate and refine concepts based on learning from prototypes.
- Target appropriate methods and fidelity based on learning objectives.
- Create Hi Fidelity prototypes to:
- Better understand the problem or requirements
- Communicate and create consensus around designs
- Better demonstrate design intent or feasibility
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in design or a related field or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience designing technical/business web applications.
- Consumer research experience.
- Customer service or customer support experience.
- Experience in application and design production processes.
- Experience in creating Navigation maps, Interaction flows, Wireframes and Visual designs.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree in design or a related field.
- A portfolio of UX design work from pencil and whiteboard, to wireframes and prototypes (blog, Dribbble, Github, etc).
- Ability to digest and translate complex technical requirements into intuitive experiences.
- Portfolio examples of enterprise applications.
- Coordination with business and marketing teams to understand the product strategy and market positioning.
- Performing client presentations at various stages.
- Strong Planning, Time Management and Organizational Skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.