Manager 5G Strategy
Somerset County, NJ
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is serious about innovation. About being the first and being the best. We are building a future using technologies like 5G, Multi-Access Edge Computing and Artificial Intelligence that are allowing us to create products that were previously impossible. We’re building tomorrow with the best of today.
We have a unique ability to develop next generation platforms, influence technology standards, forge durable business partnerships, and define the playing field for the next wave of technology innovation with applications such as IoT, connected cars, aerial drone solutions, augmented intelligence and more. Within these evolving ecosystems, Verizon is uniquely positioned to capture new growth and value opportunities.
The newly formed Strategy Consulting team with Verizon’s Corporate Strategy organization holds a key role in helping shape this new path. We challenge ourselves to solve top-of mind strategic questions, collaborating with leadership and experts across the organization. We can do so by leveraging the multi-faceted background of our team consisting of former management consultants, financial services professionals, data scientists and technology experts. We are responsible for challenging the status quo, looking beyond the horizon, and making the future real, role-modeling the new Verizon 2.0 way of working that builds on customer centricity, collaboration and innovation to drive positive change.
Want to change the world? This is where it happens!
In this role, you will
- Lead analysis & solution development of key business challenges to drive new growth and value opportunities across a swiftly dynamic and innovative business environment
- Leverage critical thinking & sharp problem solving skills (e.g., data-backed analysis, data science tools, valuation methods, hypothesis-driven approach, research & strategy frameworks) to support the design & execution of new solutions
- Support & accelerate execution of strategic initiatives, working alongside leaders to ensure effective implementation, governance, communication and change management
- Manage the creation of a detailed financial models to support overall strategic plan and investment requests
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders & business leaders on cross-functional growth initiatives; designing blueprints for new products, ways of working and other disciplines
- Structure and lead proof-of-concept and/or pilot engagements with technology and business partners
- Craft and deliver actionable recommendations to senior leadership through data-driven analysis and visualization for executive decision making
- Develop new capabilities that enable Verizon to build its own “strategic muscle” best suited for its business needs. Collaborate with data and AI teams to build analytics solutions focused on value drivers and customer experience
- Coach junior members of the team to enhance their personal effectiveness & ability to make a positive impact
- Contribute to a high-performing team of problem solvers from various disciplines who are committed to driving profitable growth & innovation across the company
What we’re looking for...
You are outcome-driven, smart, hard-working, and fun to be around. You thrive on new challenges, and are excited by the prospect of mastering new things. You can be creative and visionary, but are able to roll up your sleeves to structure a project plan, develop a financial model, or craft a presentation. You are comfortable leading and following. You are confident enough to voice well-informed, dissenting opinions, yet always treat others and their views with respect.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- MBA or advanced degree in Economics, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering.
- Two or more years in a strategy, engineering or product development role for a Tier 1 management consulting firm, leading technology firm, asset management, Wall Street sell-side equity research, or investment bank.
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for technology-backed, transformative industries.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, meet deadlines, and simultaneously work on multiple projects.
- Broad financial acumen including knowledge of valuation methodologies and ability to develop financial models.
- Experience in a leadership role responsible for the design, development, and implementation of a strategic plan for an organization, company or business unit.
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to translate complex ideas and express them in concise, simple to understand ways.
- Comfortable working across all levels of an organization, leveraging organizational, interpersonal, presentation, and time-management skills.
- Ability to conduct multi-modal research, to synthesize structured and unstructured data.
- Technical knowledge across a wide range of technologies including DevOps, Cloud, and Machine Learning.
- Ability to manage complex programs and drive cross-functional teams to meet business objectives and influence co-workers while fostering strong working relationships.
- Experience handling confidential information appropriately.
- Relocation assistance.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.