Manager - Business Intelligence
Loudoun County, VA
What you’ll be doing...
Join Verizon as we continue to grow our industry-leading network to improve the ways people, businesses, and things connect. Verizon is positioned to lead the “Fourth Industrial Revolution” (4IR) with the emergence of technologies like our outstanding 5G network and the Internet of Things (IoT) to impact a wide variety of industries such as healthcare, education, manufacturing, public safety, government, and many others. We are in the midst of historic breakthroughs in connectivity and mobility to blend the physical and the digital through ground breaking technologies such as virtual reality, augmented reality, artificial intelligence, autonomous vehicles, nanotechnologies, 3D printing, wearables, and advanced robotics. As part of this team, you will play a substantial role in our network transformation through building a unified network across all lines of business and maintaining the technology that keeps millions of our customers connected.
As a business intelligence manager, you'll be working within a true big data environment, solving complex technical problems with the assistance of other subject-matter specialists, and partnering with other teams to drive Verizon's 2.0 initiatives. With your analytical, big data and reporting expertise, you will deliver business value through business intelligence reporting and analytics by driving insights to actions. You're able to present your insights with confidence, and have the leadership qualities to enable other teams to learn how to analyze the data. You’ll also connect various data locations to stage data before visualizations. The business insights and recommendations you provide will help to improve performance.
- Identifying business problems and developing analytic techniques to provide solutions to external teams.
- Driving multiple technical and data-related projects of varying scopes and complexities.
- Working with other business units within Verizon, vendors, and executives to represent and drive our organization's strategy.
- Using data visualization and other data-gathering methods to either provide internal strategic direction or guide decisions for other teams.
What we’re looking for...
You are good with numbers and you love to dig into data to find the story. Crafting reports and dashboards is a fun afternoon for you. You’re able to translate numbers into compelling stories-—and tailor your presentation and recommendations to the audience function and level to meet their needs. You are detail-oriented and know how to focus on what really matters. You have a knack for understanding and visualizing just the right way to share data and practical insights so that people can understand. You enjoy aligning various work streams to ensure the same vision and goal is achieved.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in Business, Marketing, Information Systems, Analytics/Business Intelligence, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or in a related field; ideally an MBA.
- Leadership and strategic planning experience.
- Experience investigating and solving complex technical problems and data discrepancies.
- Experience working with business intelligence systems to provide diagnostic self-serve information to clients and business units.
- Program management experience.
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL or equivalent program.
- Experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint presentation creation.
- Experience with WAN IP protocols, Wireless technologies or Passive Optical Networking.
- Experience with carrier-grade router hardware (e.g. Cisco, Juniper, Brocade).
- Business intelligence/visualization software experience (e.g. Tableau, Splunk, or Kibana).
- Data mining, preparation and modeling experience.
- Statistical analysis language experience.
- Data preparation tool experience.
- Communication and presentation skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.