Oracle Database Administrator
Somerset County, NJ
What you’ll be doing...
We work with the biggest names in business to enable them to work smarter and faster. The quality of our global network is key to enabling them to drive innovation. You’ll join our cutting edge team working on critical applications that support our global network. Your role will involve maintaining high visibility production databases with large amounts of data and high transaction rates. Ensuring the availability and stability of our current functionality, database analysis and design, and participating in new initiatives are key elements of your role. You will be defining the direction for major database support and efficiency improvement programs to achieve cost savings goals. Your important work will enable us to continue deliver new technologies to our customers to future-proof our business.
- Maintaining highly visible production databases, optimizing system resources where possible.
- Understanding and assessing new solutions.
- Supporting IT initiatives through SQL analysis, schema revisions, and capacity forecasting.
- Performing security administration and user account maintenance.
- Communicating technical trends and the business value of technical solutions.
What we’re looking for...
Coming up with recommendations that have a big impact is motivating to you. You’re not afraid to make critical decisions in tight timeframes, and you remain calm and level headed in tense situations. Communicating with others comes naturally to you and you have a knack for explaining complex data in a way people can relate to. Your natural curiosity to solve complex issues serves you well as you enjoying seeing the results of your hard work.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience administering Cassandra and Oracle databases.
- Experience with Cassandra DB v3, CQL v3, Oracle 11g/12c RDBMS, Oracle 11g/12c RAC, OEM 12c, RMAN, Oracle Dataguard (Physical and Active), Advanced Replication, Streams, Golden Gate, Partitioning, OVM, Netapp Snap Manager, Advanced Security, Data Vault, and/or Audit Vault.
- Worked in Exadata, HP, SUN, and/or DELL hardware environments.
- SQL, PL/SQL, Unix, and/or Shell programming experience.
- Willingness to participate on an on-call rotation and work outside of regular business hours.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience across the software development lifecycle.
- Experience with Linux (Redhat, OEL), Solaris, or HUPX operating systems.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.