Paid Social Media Strategist
New York County, NY
What you’ll be doing...
As a foundational member of Verizon’s in-house digital marketing center of excellence, you will be responsible for paid social media execution and optimization across all platforms to achieve brand and business objectives. You will oversee cross-platform media planning (including audience targeting, ad formats and bid management) across select units within Verizon Consumer Group or Verizon Business Group. With your expert knowledge of the tech landscape and the evolution of social behaviors, you will keep internal leadership, media and ad teams educated on emerging technologies. Additionally, you will support your media technology colleagues on inputs to social platforms’ roadmaps to drive differentiation in a highly competitive landscape.
- Developing and executing bold, innovative campaigns in conjunction with Verizon’s creative marketing team.
- Partnering with media technology on driving product roadmaps and capabilities in the broader social platform marketplace.
- Partnering closely with other media leaders (Consumer, Brand, Business, Search, Social, Analytics) to support the execution of the newly developed Digital Center of Excellence.
- Supporting efforts across partner units within Verizon (Operations, Experience, Technology, CRM) to create improved digital experiences across all touchpoints.
- Keeping internal teams educated on the evolution of programmatic technology, what’s leading in the marketplace and what tech can be utilized.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Marketer / agency / consultative services experience in paid social media strategy & investment.
- Familiarity with self-serve programmatic channels (display, video, social, dOOH, audio, native).
- “Hands-on-keyboard” experience with primary buying platforms & formats (Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Pinterest).
Even better if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Fluency in data-driven targeting and reach strategy.
- Ability to manage projects across multiple stakeholders, and influence across divisions, departments, and teams.
- Comfortable leading data-driven media technology (Liveramp, Adobe AAM, Epsilon, Acxiom)
- Knowledge of advertising channels across TV, audio, OOH, Display (desktop, mobile), Digital Video, Social Media, various buying methodologies (CPM, CPC, CPA), etc.
- Experience with ad verification and brand safety tools (IAS, DoubleVerify, Moat)
- Ability to maintain accurate financial records.
- Ability to analyze data, optimize and ensure campaign goals are being fully met.
- Programmatic buying experience within Agency Trade Desks, Management Consultancies or brands with in-house programmatic capabilities.
- Knowledge of the evolution of programmatic media; how video, social, display, native, branded content became purchasable programmatically.
- Experience making recommendations regarding tech adoption, based on thorough awareness of the current and emerging programmatic tech landscape.
- Experience building and executing programmatic buying strategy.
- Skilled at applying data to get the most out of programmatic buys.
- Experience managing agency relationships and resources.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.