Project Manager for Professional Services
Multnomah County, OR
What you’ll be doing...
Skyward, A Verizon Company is hiring a Project Manager capable of managing key client projects. You will need an extensive and documented experience coordinating and completing projects on time within budget and within scope. You must be able to oversee all aspects of projects on a Professional Services engagement. Engagements may include -- but are not limited to -- proof of concepts (POCs) with complex systems, waivers and authorization requests; standard operating procedures (SOPs) development; coordination for flight training; coordination of events like training; and shipping of assets. You must be able to set deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitor and report progress of each project including reporting. You must be able to travel within the USA and abroad to a lesser extent.
You will become intimately familiar with subject matter experts (SMEs) in order to assign them as resources on projects. You will collaborate with clients, and other Skyward resources to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope, timing, and budget. You will ensure all aspects of each project are compatible and will assign the appropriate resources needed to meet the project criteria.
You will work closely with Skyward professional services SMEs to manage the projects for delivering sUAS regulatory, technical, and operational, consulting services.
- Coordinate with internal resources and third parties, vendors, clients for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all services and projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring operational, regulatory, and technical feasibility.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Meet via video conference or in person with clients to take detailed briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project.
- Delegate project tasks based on a deep understanding of individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels of SMEs and other resources.
- Retrospectively analyze engagements for factors contributing to the successful delivery of services.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project parameters based on changing factors (time, changing market conditions, new hardware releases, etc.)
- Lead routine conference calls (standing meetings) with key stakeholders when required by the project.
- Codify lessons learned on service deliveries into project deliveries and communicate updates to key team members.
- Travel to client sites to support onsite services as needed.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree for four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, G-Suite, Salesforce, and Project Management tools.
- Two or more years of experience developing and tracking budgets.
- Two or more years of experience with process improvement.
Even better if you have:
- Five or more years working experience in project management in similar environment.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification.
- Current 14 CFR Part 107 remote pilot certificate and responsible for renewing upon expiry or able to obtain one within first 3 months of start date.
- Ability to learn the Skyward SaaS platform (web and mobile apps) at expert-level proficiency.
- Ability to travel within the continental USA and internationally to a lesser extent.
- Willingness to wear Skyward provided standard equipment.
- Willingness to use Skyward training guidelines.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking.
- Knowledge of UAS technology and sensors such as LiDAR, thermal, etc.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.