Loudoun County, VA
What you’ll be doing...
We’re looking for you to help grow our business. You’ll oversee all proposal activities from assigning the right team members to a proposal to creating the template through to delivery of a well-written, competitive proposal. You’ll lead and guide the proposal team throughout the process, and manage their schedules and the review cycle. Your role is critical to our success in pursuing and capturing new business.
- Manage proposals from initial conception through final delivery, including theme and content development, technical writing, editing, color review facilitation and recovery, proposal presentation, proposal approvals, final delivery and archiving of proposal resources.
- Analyze the government solicitation (RFI/RFQ/RFP), identify all requirements and criteria for evaluation, and prepare the detailed proposal outline to ensure compliance.
- Establish proposal cross-reference matrices, proposal content plans, concepts of operations, outlines, and schedules. Oversee development of all work products and artifacts.
- Secure stakeholder support/resources in collaboration with the Account Team and Capture Manager.
- Assign writing tasks, track progress, edit content for compliance, clarity, completeness, and responsiveness; conduct end-to-end editing for grammar, spelling, consistency of messaging, insertion of win themes and strategy.
- Create and execute to a master proposal schedule with all interim milestones, working backwards from the due date, with stakeholder input and approval.
- Report progress against schedule on a continuing basis to appraise management of proposal development status, areas of risk, resources requirements, and other issues that may impact schedule or proposal quality.
- Act as liaison and focal point for proposal issues among all participants.
- Polish the final proposal ensuring its accuracy, compliance, and most importantly, its effectiveness at solving the customer need and conveying why we are the right choice.
- Identify, document, implement, and support continual proposal development process improvement.
What we’re looking for...
Being part of the team that grows our business excites you. You have a sense of urgency that is second to none when it comes to getting work done and meeting deadlines. You enjoy working across groups and meeting customer needs. You thrive on working in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing or related field, or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Government proposal writing experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- A PMP or PMP certification.
- Experience as Proposal Manager with Shipley process knowledge.
- Experience managing proposal efforts in a government contracting environment.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.