QA Automation Engineer
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full suite of industry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. With more than three thousand five hundred dedicated employees in fifteen countries, we deliver leading mobile technology platforms and solutions.
Check out some of the cool products we make https://demo.us.verizonconnect.com/en-US/map-beta/
As a SAAS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success. We hire top talent and empower them to do their best work. As a division of Verizon, we combine the fun and excitement of a startup environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
You will be part of a cross functional engineering team delivering key features for our award winning SAAS offering, Reveal. As a QA engineer, you will be working directly with UX, BA and full stack engineers to deliver coded automated tests for browser and mobile based applications in a CI/CD environment, following Kanban methodologies.
- Performing coded automation testing.
- Conducting test case development based on functional and technical requirements.
- Setting up and monitoring of automation test suites as part of CI/CD pipeline.
- Working directly with the wider teams to maintain and enhance our test automation frameworks.
- Maintaining bug backlogs - triaging and prioritizing with stakeholders.
- Advocating for QA and defining / maintaining quality standards within your team.
What we’re looking for...
You are a software enthusiast with a passion for the technologies you are working with, and an advocate of clean code practices and processes.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of experience in software development.
- Three or more years of experience in coded test automation using C#.
- Experience in agile/lean methodologies and processes - ideally Kanban or scrum.
- Experience with systems analysis and design, and working with senior engineers and architects.
- Experience working in enterprise project and team environments with product, application support and operations teams.
- Experience in testing fundamentals - test case generation, smoke testing, regression etc.
- Experience using Selenium Web Driver 2/3 and Visual Studio to write coded automation tests.
- Cross browser testing experience.
- Experience with test case management tools such as Test Rail.
- Experience of testing RESTful API architectures through code-based testing.
- Experience in Object Oriented/SOLID Design principles and practices.
- Mobile automation test tools experience e.g. Appium.
- Experience managing code with source control applications e.g. GIT or SVN.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience in project delivery - individually or as part of a team and ideally in a CI/CD environment.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience testing Microservices or Service Oriented Architectures.
- Performance testing experience (JUnit, Loadrunner or other tools).
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development and Domain Driven Design.
- Experience in SQL for data set up and verification.
- Ability to read and understand production code as part of test case development.
- Experience to defect/requirements management tools e.g. JIRA.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.