Senior Backend Engineer
Denver County, CO
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is serious about innovation. About being the first and being the best. Verizon Location Technology (VLT) sits at the core of the Strategy and New Business Development organization and is a critical part of driving innovation across our global customer base, both inside and outside of Verizon. Backed by more than 50 years of location-based expertise, we are building solutions that leverage the power of location intelligence to help drive technologies of the future. Technologies like 5G, Multi-Access Edge Computing and Artificial Intelligence that are allowing us to create products that were previously impossible. We’re building tomorrow with the best of today.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast-paced environment working with smart and passionate team members. You’ll participate in overarching solutions, working closely with software engineering teams to bridge key technical relationships and drive projects to success. You’ll work closely with product owners, stakeholders, and software engineering teams to develop high-quality software.
- Designing, building, and supporting our next-generation platform APIs used by numerous B2B product teams.
- Building new and exciting APIs.
- Ensuring that code adheres to defined standards and best practices for performance, speed, scalability, and quality.
- Practicing Agile development methods and exemplifying core Agile values of transparency, collaboration, acceptance of change, and iterative development.
- Routinely delivering working software solutions that meet user story acceptance criteria.
- Learning from, collaborating with, and mentoring team members.
- Facilitating technical conflict resolution.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four or more years of software engineering experience, including Java and/or similar languages.
- Two or more years of experience with relational database technologies (e.g., Postgres, MySQL), including SQL.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Docker, and Kubernetes.
Even better if you have:
- Master's degree.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Six or more years of experience leading large-scale projects.
- Six or more years of experience in networking, multi-threaded applications, inter-process communication, and complex software development.
- Experience building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
- Experience designing, building, and managing Internet-scale APIs.
- Experience mentoring and growing software engineers.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative Agile team.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to embrace change in the workplace.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, iterative work environment.
- Strong detail orientation.
- Ability to drive work forward with little direction from immediate leadership.
- Ability to work successfully by collaborating with others across the organization.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.