Senior IT Infrastructure Automation Engineer
What you’ll be doing...
This position is responsible to design, implement and support automation solutions based on detailed understanding of user needs by researching and evaluating complex business systems.
- Work with users to design, implement, analyze and modify systems for various applications.
- Perform analysis, write program specifications and develop automation solutions.
- Communicate server/ system issues, resolution plans, and recommend preventive action to leadership/ business team.
- Take ownership of data center management and automation tools such as HPSA, HPOO, BigFix and OBR.
- Serve as the primary technical point of contact for automation solutions.
- Respond to user requests for assistance.
- Troubleshoot and resolves system issues.
- Develop solutions and make decisions that impact projects and staff members.
- Work as a team member on large, highly complex technical projects under minimal direction of senior staff and management.
- Regularly lead small to medium size projects.
- Perform analysis to resolve problems and monitors to proactively prevent outages.
- Perform technical evaluation of third party software products and emerging technologies.
What we’re looking for...
You need to will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A Degree.
- Experience in the IT Industry including Software Development, Project Coordination, Requirements Management, Stakeholder Communication, Database, Testing, Troubleshooting and IT Automation.
- Experience designing and supporting automation solutions.
- Strong background in programming concepts.
- Strong scripting skills using Unix Shell, Python, PowerShell, Perl.
- Good understanding of Windows Server.
- Good understanding of Unix file systems, processes, services, and permissions.
- Experience with data center automation tools such as HPSA, BigFix and HPOO.
- Hands-on MSSQL and Oracle SQL experience.
- Solid understanding of network infrastructures.
- Software packaging expertise and Asset Management Integrations.
- The ability to work independently and collaborate as a strong team player.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with troubleshooting.
- Experience supporting Cloud Integration: AWS, PCA, Google, and Oracle.
- AWS Certification(s) or two or more years of relevant work experience in public clouds.
- Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.