Senior Manager - Data Science
Somerset County, NJ
What you’ll be doing...
We are looking for a senior manager - AI/ML who will be responsible for ensuring that Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) drive continuous business improvements, bringing more profitable growth and an even better customer experience. It will lead a team that will define the cognitive strategy and champion that strategy across the business in order to create buy-in for data-driven decision making. The position will oversee and manage work pertaining to building next gen cognitive platform for auto feature engineering and setting up data science as a service. The position will ensure that effective application of AI and ML, shallow and deep learning techniques using massive parallel computing systems to personalize offers/ads, optimize sales funnel and service flows driving higher digital sales and services. Will be responsible for team collaboration when working on automating anomaly detection and root cause analytics to generate recommendations at scale. In addition will also manage a team that will transform cross channel data to insights prescribing the next best action and interaction for customers across .com, mobile app, e-chat, tele-sales & retail stores to ensure customers get the best OMNI experience.
The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Work on Advanced Analytics using Big Data, Data Warehousing, Cognitive and Heuristic platforms.
- Research, design, implement, and oversee high-end analytical/technology process and solutions with a focus on leveraging advanced machine learning, artificial intelligence and cognitive methods.
- Work with the business to understand the requirements of the digital challenges, heuristic, machine and cognitive analysis and communicate back the results.
- Build analytical solutions and models by manipulating large data sets and integrating diverse data sources.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and develop reproducible analytical approaches to meet business requirements.
- Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods.
- Apply machine learning and statistical techniques to large data sets to find actionable insights.
- Use complex algorithms to develop systems & applications that deliver business functions or architectural components.
- Present results and recommendations to senior management and business users.
- Responsible for providing line of sight to data quality and gaps where issues need to be addressed.
- Communicate the business value of technical solutions.
- Discover mutually beneficial solutions across customers while recognizing different styles.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree in Business Intelligence and Analytics, Computer Science, Mathematics or relevant field.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (Python, Scala, PySpark, Java, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, XGBoost, Genetic Algorithms etc.
- Strong knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, State Space, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Hadoop, Tez, Map/Reduce, Hive, Spark, PySpark, Scala etc.
- Experience building semantic and feature engineering pipelines.
- Experience in adhoc analysis and developing reproducible analytical approaches to meet business requirements.
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Willingness to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Capability to package analysis in clear and concise reports and presentations.
- Adept at communicating with business and technical stakeholders.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.