Senior Manager Product Management
Wake County, NC
What you’ll be doing...
As the world of networks, communications, and collaboration are transforming at rapid speeds, Verizon will be leading the way. From secure cloud computing to Machine-to-Machine communication, to robust collaboration experiences, Verizon’s spearheading tomorrow's innovations today. And you can be a part of the journey.
You will lead the PS product management team. You should have an understanding of the Verizon Business Group’s (VBG) strategy and various product offerings; how these service offerings relate to each other in a lifecycle context; our professional capabilities to integrate and deliver value from our products; and how to engage our sales teams and partners to actively promote and sell them. You will possess a unique combination of project management, leadership, and business skills.
We are looking for someone that understands the professional services market and match Verizon’s PS capabilities to market demand and customer needs. You will lead a team of product managers that collaborate with sales, marketing, finance, and our PS delivery team as we continue to innovate in our solutions offerings. You will drive VBG thought leadership and revenue growth with solution development, executive presentations, and business readiness documentation.
- Spearhead the development, launch, and lifecycle management of professional services offers and products that meet customer's needs for integration and technical expertise in communications, collaboration, advanced network (SDN/NFV), and IoT/MEC solutions.
- Collaborate with the various product and PS portfolio areas (Intelligent Networking, Cloud & IoT, Advanced Communications, and Security) for the creation and launch of cross-portfolio innovative solutions that deliver growth at or above market rates (6%).
- Build, foster, and grow external partnerships to augment Verizon’s core capabilities and strengths.
- Maintain single project priority/lifecycle roadmap for all offers to drive support team activities (Marketing, Finance, etc.).
- Collaborate with PS Delivery teams to develop new products and supporting content (Service Descriptions and Methodologies).
- Leverage the automation and scale of Verizon’s platforms to drive Security PS revenue.
- Manage integration with core services portfolio Product Management and develop a joint roadmap.
- Develop and manage the necessary documentation, collateral, and training for all Products in the assigned portfolio.
- Build and execute a strategy to scale professional services products and offers to gain a share of $35B global market. Co-manages and accountable for the PS practice area
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Three or more years of Consulting Firm or Product Management experience.
- Ability to interact at senior leadership levels and excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate with a purpose that provides insight and direction to the business.
- Ability to coach, mentor and train others within Verizon and have the ability to educate key stakeholders on the benefits of a proposed approach.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and ensure cohesive efforts toward a shared goal.
- Technical background to enable qualification and distinction between sometimes complex conflicting alternatives in solution creation/delivery.
- Written and verbal communication skills, in addition to analytical skills.
- Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.