Senior Manager - Vendor Management
Dallas County, TX
What you’ll be doing...
GTS Consumer Group is looking for a highly motivated, solution oriented, and creatively strategic leader to help enrich our employee engagement and drive multiple aspects of our Verizon 2.0 transformation. In this role, you will own driving and project managing internal and third party teams as well as the governance of budget, headcount, and key projects for the SVP of GTS Consumer Group. This strategic GTS program management and business operations role with involve managing and owning the department's Stakeholder and Program Management, Contractor Management, Third Party Governance for the entire GTS Consumer Group organization. You will be able to effectively describe and promote through visual and written communication, the organization’ strategy and key messaging targeted to employees, executives, leaders, and other partners within VCG as well as external partners.
- Manage all incoming work requests to be considered for a release for IT prioritization and release commitment including cross-CIO coordination with interaction.
- Handle all executive and business facing reporting, manage all escalations and ensure timely follow up.
- Program / Project budget and capacity management with business and project managers, including 3rd party vendor management.
- Serve as ITMS (IT Managed Services) Lead for VCM related to the Infosys transition. Managing demand management (task and deliverable creation), vendor performance, spend and budget management.
- Update weekly program health status, provide updates to VCG EC and other executive decks as needed.
- Create weekly D&E deck and host call to ensure FiOS GTS team is aware of key projects requiring attention.
- Support operational issues as they arise within the business (IRs, PPV< Test Drive, etc.)
- Attracts, retains, and leads a team of employees by educating, developing and managing them to deliver strong results.
- Responsible for all aspects of their team’s performance management activities including goal setting, conducting reviews, check-ins and disciplinary action.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or six or more years of work experience in relevant field.
- Knowledge of general business practices and organizational framework.
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint and Work skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven experience to communicate effectively with executives (written and oral).
- Critical, creative design thinking and strong program management skills.
- Ability to think outside of the box on how to engage employees.
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills that allow ability to navigate data in order to create strategic action plans and targeted communications.
- Ability to embrace change, work in dynamic, fast paced iterative environment.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.