Senior Network Infrastructure and Planning Manager
Tarrant County, TX
What you’ll be doing...
We are constantly innovating to unleash the power of our network and technology and you can ensure that we stay at the forefront, providing an unequalled customer experience. You’ll lead a team that works with internal partners across all lines of business to design, deliver, and implement Network Platform across our organization. Your role will involve strategy development and implementation, including the creation of team roadmaps to ensure platform projects deliver on-time and on-budget. As a subject matter expert, you’ll build strong cross functional relationships and work to ensure all projects are aligned with business objectives.
- Building Partnerships: Partnering with business partners, suppliers and industry forums to outline a roadmap for VCP Infrastructure and maintaining product-technology alignment for all aspects of the platform initiative.
- Owning the Planning function for Compute & Storage infrastructure for VCP & MEC.
- Collaboratingclosely with peer planning team for Network infrastructure for VCP.
- Delivering the architecture and designs for VCP Infrastructure to fulfill across various VCP flavors such as VCP Core, Edge, Far Edge and WebScale.
- Developing Performance Engineering discipline in the team to quantify infrastructure performance against VCP’s NF usecases.
- Responsible for Performance SLAs for VCP Infrastructure.
- Managing the Planning Labs across two locations
- Product Management: Creating and driving the strategy and roadmaps including business case preparation and ongoing financial analysis.
- Vendor Management: Managing vendors, including features & roadmap
- Updating and maintaining key KPI’s and dashboard reporting for working team, executive and senior executive use on an ongoing basis.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Masters degree in engineering, computer science and/or telecommunications.
- Leadership experience in one or more of the following areas: Telecommunications, Networking, IT systems & Virtualization/Cloud technologies.
- Experience in building large scale computinginfrastructures
- Experience managing large cross-functional or enterprise-wide projects.
- Experience in network engineering and/or operations systems and processes.
- Data Center Compute Server configuration, specification and administration
- Storage systems both Enterprise class Appliances and Software-defined Systems
- Performance Engineering
- Linux Operating System with SysAdmin and Programming exposure
- Wireless and Wireline Telecommunication Networks and Protocols
- Distributed Systems
- Cloud Technologies such as Openstack, Kubernetes, Containers, etc.
- CI/CD Infrastructure such as Git, Jenkins, etc.
- Scripting and Config management in bash, python, ansible, etc.
- Product Management
- Willingness to travel
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.