Senior Product Manager
Loudoun County, VA
What you’ll be doing...
In this position, you will be integral to all matters representing the World Wide Channel and Alliance organization across the Networking including Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Virtualization Domain portfolio of products and oversee any development and delivery requirements to enable Verizon products for resale as well as interfacing with key partners to materialize identified joint solutions.
- You will work collaboratively with product managers, the development team, the Worldwide Channels and Alliances team, Partners as well as various stakeholders within Verizon to ensure the delivery of all product sale capabilities in an efficient and timely manner. You should be capable of managing the technical efforts, solution development and delivery. Specific responsibilities include:
- Align partner solution strategy, market strengths and GTM focus with those of Verizon to create high value solutions that solve critical end-customer (Enterprise, SMB and Public Sector) business challenges. Integrate and manage SI requirements into the Verizon Product roadmap.
- Develop, negotiate commercial terms required to support SI solution development and GTM initiatives.
- Ensure SI and resale implementations are included in product business case development, sourcing and VRD.
- Contribute to product design and establishment of requirements and monitor progress of Initiatives from requirements to implementation.
- Ensure Product readiness process that includes IT development projects, Value prop, content/marketing program that enable Product resale enablement
- Arrange Product Development work shops with partners for joint GTM with WWCA.
- Create and execute development plans across multiple product enhancements and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Monitor development effort and serve as a liaison between development staff and product manager and/or partner across multiple stake holder organizations.
- Represent the Product Organization in discussions with the Partners to review current and planned Product/Feature availability.
- Complete Financial Analysis and influence the Product owners to find feasible solutions that allow the Partners to add value/cost on top of the Verizon solution and still be competitive in the market.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, information technology, or related field.
- Five or more years of experience in Information Technology field.
- Experience working in an SI with an enterprise customer facing role.
- Ability to work with global teams in a fast paced dynamic agile and outcome driven environment.
- Communication and reporting skills.
- Knowledge in Networking including Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Virtualization product domain.
- Leadership skills and ability to delegate responsibilities effectively.
- Experience working in a large technical organization and support transformation efforts.
- Ability to prepare and deliver impactful presentations to executive stakeholders.
- Ability to produce sound business cases that deliver a compelling financial argument to support investment requests.
- Knowledge of impact of partner requirements within the product life cycle, product release processes.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.