For the 15th year, Verizon is proud to be recognized as a Top Company for Multicultural Women by Working Mother.
60% employee diversity in our workforce
Awarded AnitaB.org Top 2020 Companies for Women Technologists - We’re proud to be a 2020 Top Company for Women Technologists.
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The primary accountabilities associated with this position include:
• Supporting the Desert Mountain Plains Outside Plant Engineering organization, while reporting to the centralized staff team Sr. Manager. This includes life cycle management of AFEs, forecasting spend and advanced data analytics to explain variances between budget and actual spend.
• Utilizing invoicing and financial dashboard data to drive feedback for continued automation improvements.
• Leading efforts around identifying, documenting and communicating best practices for VZB engineers and external vendors as it relates to the reporting, invoicingand data domains. Efforts are focused on properly managing the shopping cart and purchase order creation with a key understanding of theinvoicing process. Best practices are key to the program's success. In addition, this role is tasked to proactively innovate and look for opportunities to improve, providing guidance to leverage better performance from internal and external resources.
• Helping the team accomplish a variety of requests while supporting the natural flow of OneFiber and Network Extension build. This position interfaces with various departments andinternal customers within the organization and across multiple functions.
• Building strong communication channels with internal departments (e.g., Budget/Finance teams, OneFiber PMO team, Procurement, Contract Admin).
• Satisfying customer expectations in a timely manner.
• Identifying, monitoring, reporting, and escalating project-related issues to achieve timely resolution.
• Utilizing project tracking tools and systems to accurately document milestones completions, project issues, project jeopardies, and overall project completions.
• Analyzing dependencies, prerequisite, or associated project requirements.
• Weekly, monthly, and ad-hoc reporting.
• Coordinating across multiple teams and business units
• Maintaining excellent communication with functional team members and direct management to ensure early identification of issues a timely reporting of status.
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
• Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
• Six or more years of relevant work experience.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google’s G-Suite with emphasis on Excel and Google Sheets formulas and Power Point presentations.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
• A Bachelor's degree in a financial discipline (e.g., accounting, finance).
• Strong analytical skills with relevant work experience in budgeting and forecasting.
• Project management experience.
• OSP engineering or capital and expense budget management.
• Ability to work well in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that requires a high degree of multi-tasking with minimal supervision.
• Problem solving, time management, and decision making skills.
• Ability to reconcile spend and produce meaningful reporting.
• Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams across all levels of the organization to optimize business results.
• Experience in telecommunications industry and/or fiber construction.
• A drive for results and the ability to adapt to change.
• Ability to investigate and follow SAP Transactions from initiation of a purchase order to payment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Achieving objectives related to specific program tasks, projects, or initiatives.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the compensation range for this position is between $103,000 and $211,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.
With over 150 locations, Verizon is a global leader delivering innovative communications and technology solutions that improve the way our customers live, work, learn and play.
Founded in 2000, the company operates America’s most reliable wireless network and the nation’s premier all-fiber network, and delivers ...