Solutions Executive Federal
Loudoun County, VA
What you’ll be doing...
The Solutions Executive Federal is a Capture Manager who is responsible for winning identified business opportunities valued at over $100M. The Capture Manager will be responsible for overseeing bid strategies, pricing, teaming strategy and proposal development including customer positioning once identified opportunity is selected and approved for pursuit. The Capture Manager is responsible for identifying and recruiting resources required for bid pursuit, overseeing the development of the technical solution, management plan, and implementation plan. The Capture Manager is also responsible for assessing gaps/risks and leading the development of the Business Case and Price to Win strategy. The Capture manager will develop and execute the overall capture strategy by working closely with Sales/Business Development, Engineering, Pricing, Service Delivery, Proposal, Contracts, Subcontracts and Legal to ensuring a winning offer. The Capture manager will develop business intelligence through their knowledge of industry, customer and key partners and use that knowledge to effectively maximize Verizon win probability. The Capture Manager will assess investment requirements and associated business case needs. In addition the position requires regular engagement with the Executive Sponsor for the opportunity and the leadership team.
The role requires a seasoned and effective manager and communicator with acumen in Capture Management in the Federal marketplace. This position requires a person who can work collaboratively, as part of a team, is well-organized, self-motivated and success driven. Demonstrated industry knowledge and customer relationships is required. A background in Sales or Business Development is preferred.
Responsibilities for this role will include but are not be limited to the following:
- Provide strategic thinking and execution for capture efforts with potential revenue of over $100M by determining capture resources and costs associated with bid effort.
- Manage cross/multiple capture efforts across Public Sector.
- Understand capabilities, strengths, weaknesses and direct development of strategies, marketing philosophies/programs.
- Interact with a broad range of disciplines/departments to develop win and price strategies.
- Develop and execute win themes, value propositions and overall responsibility for capture process to contract award.
- Lead all executive gate reviews.
- Identify and manages all potential partners.
- Negotiates NDA, teaming agreements, relationships and roles.
- Constitutes and assembles requisite capture resources (matrixed environment).
- Conducts all color team reviews.
- Works with Proposal Group to ensure Capture Strategies are accurately translated into the proposal.
- Sets and drives the overall Capture schedule.
- Works with delivery leadership to develop a transition plan from award to implementation.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or Information Technology.
- Five or moreyears of Capture work experience.
- Experience in managing threelarge capture opportunities at same time.
- Active TS/SCI or Public Trust clearance.
Even better if you have:
- A Degree.
- Knowledge of the Federal and State and Local procurement landscape and associated FAR/acquisition regulations.
- ITIL, PMP or like certifications.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.