Spec-Prog or Proj Mgt
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is seeking a program manager for the enterprise IT program management office. You will support transformation and ongoing process management of demand management reporting, budget planning and governance efforts. You are expected to transform existing processes in alignment with other organization transformation efforts to ensure efficiency and on time IT project delivery.
- Develop and implement processes to streamline and manage IT projects by partnering with key stakeholders across the business and IT.
- Optimize, automate, and govern the use of project and portfolio management tools Jira and Clarity.
- Provide communications support, including reporting and developing deckware, especially to leadership groups.
- Evolve the agile methodology to ensure effectiveness and that supports the needs of IT and the business.
- Partner with team leads to provide support across demand, resource, budget, and communication work streams within the FAO.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree of four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science Information Systems.
- One or more years of experience working with PPM tools; Jira or Clarity.
- Five or more years of experience in an IT project based environment managing processes and ensuring alignment across the organization.
- Five or more years of experience in technical project oversight, including portfolio or program management.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively across different business and technology channels.
- PC literacy, including desktop applications competency (e.g. Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, email, etc.) and Google Suite.
- Working knowledge of Agile project management concepts.
- Understanding of wireless telecom business practices, including accounting finance, revenue assurance, taxation, billing, customer care, legal device management and network operations.
- Ability to excel in a fast paced, dynamic environment and challenge the status quo.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.