Sr Mgr-Experience Design
Bangalore Urban, India
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon India is looking for senior design managers who can provide thought and design leadership across our consumer product ecosystem. The team is assembling the brightest designers, design strategists, researchers, and product managers to collaborate within teams shaping the future of the customer experience.
You are a design leader who guide teams to deliver best-in-class design solutions grounded in user, product, tech, and business requirements through collaboration with partners. Focused on growth of individuals on their teams and designing with partners. Designers look to you for direction, your peers and other director’s look to you for a fresh perspective. You understand how projects contribute to the success of the business. You are responsible for the career growth and performance management for your direct reports. You cultivate relationships with product, tech, and business partners, and monitor the health of your projects. You mentor and support the team and are sensitive to their goals and challenges, knowing when to jump in and when to step away.
- Challenging designers to responsibly push the boundaries during concept phases.
- Planning and facilitating team activities to identify appropriate design problems, solutions, and opportunities within project brief and client context.
- Planning and facilitating iteration and critique to improve solution quality and support user, business, and technical requirements.
- Recommending and facilitating design activities/methods to guide teams and clients through ambiguous project periods.
- Assessing the needs of team members and providing resources where possible.
- Identifying activities and communications necessary to deliver digital product strategy ideas to a client.
- Creating transparency into your decision-making process, and recognize valid challenges to your point of view.
- Providing real-time, constructive feedback on project performance and impact on their careers.
- Coaching team on project dynamics, collaboration, and interpersonal communication.
- Planning, coordinating, and facilitating meetings with staff and clients to gather feedback, make decisions, and determine next steps.
- · Participating in weekly staffing meetings and resource planning with clients to articulate the appropriate project team and duration for your project.
- Maintaining and managing appropriate team size and mix of capabilities.
- Assessing gaps in availability, competency, and time.
- Facilitating teams to define product roadmaps, prioritize new features and enhancements, and recommend feature sets for phased product releases.
- Participating in project definition and estimation to shape activities, timeline, and resource plan that align with client objectives and approach.
- Identifying partner needs and shape project approaches to match them.
- Being a model and a resource for all employees, proactively engaging with others to make the design organization better.
- Contributing constructive, thoughtful critique real-time and in the performance feedback process. Provide input to role change and performance discussions.
- Participating in the recruiting and hiring process.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of consumer-facing digital design management experience in a leadership capacity.
- Six or more years of experience in design.
Even better if you have
- Master’s degree or tenor more years of experience in design
- Comfort managing concurrent projects in a fast-based, results-driven environment and high-level strategic planning and with tactical daily execution.
- A track record of gaining the trust and respect of others so as to build and lead world-class teams in transformational and high growth environments.
- Experience defining and driving the vision of experience programs and/or partnership based programs.
- History of building next gen experiences at scale with cutting edge organizations.
- A certification in design.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.