Sr Mgr-External Comms
Ranga Reddy, India
What you’ll be doing...
As a senior member of the Verizon India Corporate Communications team, reporting to Associate Director-Corp. Comm, you will be responsible for driving a comprehensive external communication strategy for Verizon India including driving its CSR program, besides playing a key role in contributing to a range of internal communications that are part of the portfolio.
- Employer branding- Increase visibility and reputation for Verizon India as an employer of choice.
- In support of the above, devise and execute a sound PR strategy in line with Verizon global communication and branding strategy, managing a PR agency already on board.
- To further support employer branding, own a robust social media strategy, engaging key stakeholders and driving purposeful conversations and positioning.
- Provide advice and support to industry events, campus relations and other external engagements, ensuring highest standards of branding and reputation.
- To actively contribute to the CSR programs of the organization as part of the CSR Committee and working with the leadership team with a view to building strong community programs while promoting employee volunteerism .
- Provide oversight, guidance and contribution to a range of internal communications comprising intranet content, employee emails, special campaigns, newsletters, videos, webcast, executive town halls and other innovative modes/channels
Take key responsibilities in managing crisis communications for the organization, owning the delivery ecosystem and developing effective messaging.
What we’re looking for...
What we’re looking for...
You are Creative, a team player and a people leader at the same time, thrive on technology and problem solving and leadership engagement comes naturally to you. As a corporate communications professional, you will be strategic, bring hands-on experience in PR either on the agency side or on the client side and can re-imagine communications according to the objectives and the environment.
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications/Journalism/Media/Digital Media or any related discipline or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Six or more years of experience in corporate communications/media /PR.
- Knowledge of strategic media relations, campus relations, external engagements
- Knowledge of video production and webcast production.
- Campaign planning experience.
Even better if you have
- Master's degree in Mass Communications/Journalism/Media/Digital Media or any related discipline.
- Ability to design and drive CSR.
- Ability to manage Social Media.
- Exceptional skills in writing, editing, scripting across media channels.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.