Ranga Reddy, India
What you’ll be doing...
As a part of the Information Technology team, you’ll design and develop improvements to our customer care applications, like our Wireless Customer Communications platform. You’ll also work across the business to vet and deliver small to medium sized technology projects. The improvements that you recommend and implement will have a major impact on customer happiness, which will help improve our business and grow our customer base.
- Collaborating with IT and business teams on projects.
- Solving issues within customer care applications.
- Supporting code and configuration updates.
- Evaluating proposals to make sure they’re technically sound.
- Supporting the implementation of upgrades and new applications.
Working on suite of application systems geared to support users within several internal departments to process a variety of customer transactions and workflow management which adheres to the quoting and ordering of Verizon products.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to)
- Enterprise Application Design, Development for high scale and availability.
- Develop responsive web applications and integrate with internal and 3rdparty APIs.
- Rapid development of prototypes, pilots, and full-scale applications.
- Participate in requirements review meetings and perform requirement analysis.
- Handle change requests/support on a daily basis.
- Improve performance of the application on an ongoing basis.
- Partner with QA team to address the identified defects on time.
Participate in post implementation issues and performance review.
What we’re looking for...
You are curious about new technologies and the possibilities they create. You enjoy the challenge of supporting applications while exploring ways to improve upon the technology. Driven and motivated, with strong communication and analytical skills, you’re a sought-after team member that thrives in a dynamic environment.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle phases, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Knowledge of computing software, hardware and networking infrastructure.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or two or more years of experience in software development.
- Experience and knowledge on Java 8, Spring, Spring Boot, Microservices, Oracle/Postgre SQL/No SQL.
- Designing and Coding experience in ExtJs / React JS / Angular
- Experience and knowledge of agile software delivery methodologies.
- Experience in full project life cycle implementation.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, ability to translate business needs into technical terms, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and meet critical deadlines.
Even better if you have
- A Master’s degree
- Knowledge of Application Security
Understanding of Cloud concepts, DevOps tools and techniques.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.