Tech Specialist -Installation & Maintenance
Somerset County, NJ
What you’ll be doing...
We’re in it to win it. Today we’re the #1 global provider of fleet management solutions for both enterprise and small/medium businesses. Our consumer products, like Hum, create a more connected ride with vehicle diagnostics, emergency assistance, and WiFi. And to top it off, our partnerships with major car manufacturers help us care for more drivers with our connected technologies.
As a top 20 SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success. We hire top talent and empower them to do their best work. As a division of Verizon, we combine the fun and excitement of a start-up environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
Essential functions, responsibilities and activities:
- Telematics installation and troubleshooting.
- Vehicle and equipment diagnostic and repair experience with strong mechanical aptitude.
- 12 and 24 volt electronics experience utilizing a DMM, relays and diodes with the ability to read and interpret electrical schematics in an effort to identify vehicle and equipment component specification and location.
- Provide high quality product and installation training to internal and external customers.
- Complete long and short term projects and miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned with ability to multi-task effectively while meeting or exceeding aggressive deadlines.
- Work effectively with installation providers as partners to drive operational quality and vendor management, including implementation of training programs and certifications, provide coaching or disciplinary feedback in person or post inspection and source and on-board new installation providers and vendors through rigorous qualification process.
- Coordinate with cross-functional business partners to problem solve, and ensure productive communications.
- Identify, recommend, develop and implement processes that drive value within Verizon Connect to our customers and installation partners.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- One or more years of experience in customer-facing role,
- One or more years of experience in a professional environment in a technical capacity
- One or more years of experience working with 3rd party installation vendors
- Strong working knowledge of vehicle electronic components, telematics installations, hardware and electrical installations, etc.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Associate’s Degree in electronics or relevant field (or Bachelor’s Degree) or relevant work experience.
- Current ASE, OEM or MECP certifications.
- Experience with multiple PTO types, power inverters, hydraulic pressure sensors, proximity and magnetic sensors, CAN bus, and industrial equipment.
- Experience investigating vehicle insurance damage claims including fire loss and repair liability.
- Lean Six Sigma and/or project management certifications with PMI or Agile methodologies.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.