safe acts and intervenes when unsafe acts are practiced.
• Demonstrates integrity, strong initiative, work ethic, as well as a focus on safety and quality of work on a continuous basis.
• Performs basic level wind turbine service and/or installation tasks as assigned. This includes introductory operation and use of tools and basic turbine equipment. Documents tasks where required and enters data into the company information system (https://e.g. SAP).
• Effectively gathers information regarding equipment (https://e.g. turbine) status. Seeks assistance when encountering turbine issues outside trained skill level to ensure success in execution.
• Follows defined instructions and maintenance schedules, executing plans as directed and performs according to reasonably detailed written and verbal instructions.
• Effectively contributes to a strong team environment through assisting team mates in accomplishing mutual goals, supporting and promoting team spirit and cooperation.
• Proactively looks for improvement opportunities to job related processes and procedures and communicates through appropriate channels.
• Interfaces with customer at a minimal level; may respond to some basic customer inquiries and will refer most customer inquiries to higher level technical staff or manager. Demonstrates strong customer focus at all times.
• This role will require travel, working overtime, including working a flexible and variable work schedule as needed to meet business objectives.
• Perform other tasks as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum one (1) year's experience working with hydraulic, electrical, mechanical and/or composite skills OR in absence of experience, a certificate of completion from an accepted Wind Technician program of equivalent scope.
• Ability to demonstrate basic industrial safety practices / protocols including LOTO and Test-Verify-Test.
• Experience using basic power and hydraulic tools.
• Valid Driver's License and ability to obtain a Passport.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions with precise execution.
• Good interpersonal and customer relation skills.
• Able to effectively collaborate with employees at all professional levels and ability to respectfully follow supervision.
• Basic computer operation skills and familiarity with internet based program navigation.
• Ability to read, interpret and understand basic drawings and schematics.
• Ability to read, comprehend and write in English.
• Ability to climb stairs and ladders 60-125 meters in height.
• Ability to lift, push, pull, carry items up to 50 lbs in weight.
• Ability to stand, stoop, kneel, and bend for prolonged periods of time.
• Ability to grip and manually manipulate, often with repetitive motion, items such as, but not limited to, hand tools, turbine parts.
• Comfort working in confined spaces and at heights over 100 meters.
• Ability to successfully participate in all training courses, including high-angle rescue and training.
• Periodic walking.
• Ability to hear and use close range radios.
• Strong field of vision including visual depth perception and ability to distinguish colors.
• Able to work in demanding physical and inclement weather conditions.
• Comfort working remotely in a Turbine as part of a team with limited supervisory interaction.
• Ability to work in a respirator, including passing a respirator medical evaluation and fit test (required to be clean shaven) as some assignments may require respirator use.
CCPA Notice for California Applicants
Vestas is the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We specialize in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than our competitors in the renewable energy arena. We consider ourselves forerunners within the industry, as Vestas continuously aims to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, Vestas has an unmatched history demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, Vestas is a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution - today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at https://www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.