Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Job Description Summary
Working safely is a top priority while making defect free products at specified takt times. Assembles, paints and packages products used in the Railway market, such as draft gears, slack adjusters, handbrakes, or other components of air brake systems, partially or completely, working at bench or on shop floor by performing the following duties.
This is a Monday through Thursday, 10-hour, day shift position. Must be able to work overtime on occasion, including weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Adheres to all required safety and PPE protocols when performing essential and non-essential duties.
- Positions parts according to knowledge of unit being assembled or following blueprints.
- Fastens parts together with bolts, screws, speed clips, rivets, or other fasteners.
- Removes small quantities of metal with grinders, hand files or scrapers to produce close fit between parts.
- Operates drill presses, punch presses, or riveting machines to assist in assembly operation.
- Disassembles draft gears, slack adjusters, handbrakes for salvage of parts to be reconditioned and reassembled to complete a working reconditioned product.
- Paints products with air assisted paint guns.
- Ensures areas are maintained according to 5S principles.
- Performs all duties of Material Handler or Laborer. Includes assembly or disassembly of wood or cardboard packaging using staple guns, nail guns or other hand/power tools.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold; extreme heat and vibration.
- The noise level in the environment is loud and, in most cases, requires practice in support of hearing conservation by wearing designated hearing protection.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell.
- The employee is regularly required to lift up to 25 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift-up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Assembler is required to pass a spirometry fit test with a N95 mask that is required in several operations.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.