Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Summary: Assembles prepared machined parts like rails, panels, and bars into doors, according to prescribed
patterns, by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assembler will receive a set up cart with required components, drawings and BOM’s.
• Assembler will build the sub-assembly by installing screws, applying sealant, installing spacers and torquing all hardware to specifications. Constant use of the hands and excellent dexterity required.
• Assembler will build the final assembly by adding all brackets, pivots, screws, bolts, nuts, washers, covers, handles etc.
• Assembler will verify final product is built to print prior to placing into shipping container.
• Assembler will package the finished product by using supplied shipping material. Assembler is also responsible to band the product for shipment and close the container upon approval.
• Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
• Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Ability to follow instructions, and management directive.
• Ensure a safe working environment, good housekeeping and 5’s for your respective area and all of VBI.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
At Wabtec, we are in the business of realizing potential. Our employees are the architects of the future. Go just about anywhere and you’ll find us. If you want to move and improve the world, start here.