Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
- Must have the ability to Set-Up Four different types of machines, preferably a combination of VMC’s, HMC’s, TMC’s, Fiber Laser, Break press and /or Robotic Welders. Produces machined parts by setting up, and operating computer numerical control (CNC) machines; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of modifying 2D mill fixtures, turn and bore lathe jaws manually utilizing CNC controls readout.
- Capable of editing Programs Mills, Lathes, Break Press, Lasers and /or Robotic Welders by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains equipment by completing daily preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Sets-up aforementioned machines by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, indicating vice or work piece, bar feeders, cutting conditions.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters, interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces, adhering to international standards. Able to read micrometers and calipers.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ability to follow instructions, and management directive.
- Ensure a safe working environment, good housekeeping and 5’s for your respective area and all of VBI
- Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or two (2) years to four (4) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires basic understand of blueprint reading, leadership capability and ability to solve problems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Have basic shop math skills, and ability to read and interrupt blueprints
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.