Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
*This role can be permitted to work with a Hybrid Schedule. Expectations are to work remotely Monday and Friday. Onsite days are expected Tuesday through Thursday.
**Relocation assistance may be available to those who qualify
Nordco (a Wabtec Company) is an American manufacturer of railroad maintenance of way and inspection equipment, based in Oak Creek, Wisconsin. Founded in 1926, it has been a subsidiary of Wabtec since 2021. The company is one of the top manufacturers of railroad maintenance equipment in North America.
Perform electrical modeling, design, component selection, programming, and documentation for railroad mobile equipment. Manages designs to be reliable and cost effective while maintaining project schedule.
Design – 60%
Support – 20%
Testing – 10%
General – 10%
Work is primarily light duty and requires the ability to regularly lift and carry objects weighing up to 20 pounds. This position requires the ability to sit, stand and walk unassisted. Requires the use of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is required to talk and hear. Normal correctable vision is required.
Wabtec provides a competitive total compensation package that includes a comprehensive employee benefits program.
Wabtec also contributes Annual and Matching contributions to your 401(k) account to help your savings grow. Each pay period, Wabtec will match 100% of your contribution up to a maximum of 3% of your eligible compensation. Wabtec also will make an Annual Contribution of 3% of your compensation, even if you do not contribute your own funds to the Savings Plan. That’s a total of 6% of your annual compensation in Company-provided contributions!
12 paid holidays
Unlimited time off (in accordance with your leader)
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
At Wabtec, we are in the business of realizing potential. Our employees are the architects of the future. Go just about anywhere and you’ll find us. If you want to move and improve the world, start here.