Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Director Cost-Variance Leader
Lead a high performing cost team responsible for leveraging technology, locomotive, repair point data, create standard process, structure to measure costs of major repair / UX components and drive visibility to areas of efficiencies/ inefficiencies impacting standard cost through. The leader manages a team that will collaborative cross-functionally to harmonize data, derive insights and drive meaningful outcomes, KPI’s to ensure product cost structures meet business targets. Additionally, will drive short, medium- and long-term strategy to optimize life cycle costs by closely collaborating with functional counterparts in Technology, Supply chain, CPM, Services, Risk and Finance.
Additional Leadership responsibilities of this role:
- Manage team with wide variety of metrics including but not limited to current quarter financial targets, long term technology development, business process adherence and bill of material management
- Maintain strong relationship with supply chain stakeholders within manufacturing, sourcing and finance
- Work closely with sourcing and manufacturing teams towards execution on product cost targets
- Responsible for the planning, monitoring and overseeing execution of global UX Cost Variance
- Provide timely feedback to key stakeholders
- Provide frequent status updates to leadership team
- Provide guidance and creative solutions to maintain financial plan
- Responsible for monthly estimates of UX item cost tracking and impact of supply chain costs to services
- Execution of UX item cost walks
- Consolidation of inputs from finance & sourcing to determine total services impact
- Be a champion/leader for the repair development center focused on technology development to minimize service cost
- Responsible for creating and maintaining UX Bill of Materials for MES repair sites and support global UX repair shops
- Responsible for annual UX standard cost setting process leadership
- Provide cost estimates for new deals and future repair events
- Ensure positive actions are taken to encourage growth and technical development of team through deep smarts and workforce planning. Interface cross functionally and ability to indirectly lead support organizations to meet a common goal.
- Develop & mentor next generational productivity team members.
- Create innovation pipeline process and product improvement to harness current, future field, UX data needs to drive relevant, critical outcomes to enhance productivity. Leverage technology – e.g. analytics and digital twin –to improve connected data driven insights from Engineering Designs to Field Operations to UX repair points
- Execute effectively within a matrix-organization to meet business goals, develop and support products, technologies & services over the entire life-cycle. Lead cross functional reviews and workouts to efficiently determine plans, actions, & needs to deliver or overcome issues as identified
- Implement initiatives to continuously improve the responsiveness of the organization to business needs.
- Maintain broad awareness of technical efforts within the work group in order to assure technical excellence, timely completion of work and reviews, appropriate use of resources and consistency of methods across programs. Demonstrated ability to determine & define areas not tracking to plan, and ability deliver additional support/expertise as required
- Collaborate, measure & communicate cost out deliverables & status. Identify / communicate issues and risks before they arise and develop strategy / proposal to recover from those issues
- Be catalytic leader working across the cross functional teams (services, engineering, supply chain, finance) to meet business targets in productivity, component and system standard cost and monitor related UX variance.
- Responsible to effectively lead business tollgate process that drives visibility & adherence to best practices of cost spend & business impact. Improve current process to drive better insights & outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Engineering, Operations, Supply chain, Administration from an accredited university or college
- At least 8 years of experience in Finance, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Engineering, Field Services, Operations.
- At least 5 years of experience in a leadership role
- Understanding of Manufacturing Operations, Technology and Services of Locomotive product
- Master’s degree in Finance, Engineering, Operations, Supply chain, Administration is preferred
- Experience working in manufacturing, finance, services, engineering or supply chain
- Rail industry experience with class 1 customers
- Understands the contract margin review process and long term revenue recognition accounting
Six Sigma or equivalent training
- Prior P&L, Accounting, Operations, Field Services or Sales/Commercial experience is preferred
- Ability to interface and influence all levels of the customers organization as well as other functions
- Strong financial and business acumen, operating background, oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead diverse teams
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30-40%
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.