Engineering Technical Leader

Wabtec Corporation

Erie, PA


Position summary

Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at:

It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.

Role Summary/Purpose

The Senior Reliability Project Engineer is responsible for managing locomotive propulsion and rotating equipment reliability. This role includes accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives that impact reliability, customer satisfaction, or product performance. In this role, you will develop and integrate processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, lead long-term planning, and develop the overall business strategy.

Essential Responsibilities

  • Responsible for the engineering of assigned projects in terms of scope of supply, timely delivery, quality, and compliance with contract scope
  • Serve as main technical interface between customers, suppliers, and Wabtec with great visibility inside and outside the company
  • Lead multi-disciplinary project teams providing technical direction to meet project deliverables
  • Develop and fulfill the engineering planning for the assigned projects
  • Coordinate engineers to prepare and deliver design in compliance with engineering standards and customer contractual requirements
  • Perform project design / status review for each technical area of assigned responsibility
  • Coordinate activities to drive project quality


  • Familiarity Wabtec propulsion or rotating equipment systems
  • Experience in program or project management
  • Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related field
  • Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Project Based role
  • Willingness and Ability to travel 10% of the time

Desired Characteristics

  • Experience in reliability engineering
  • Experience using Salesforce applications
  • Demonstrated networking ability and influencing skills
  • Sound analytical and problem-solving skills
  • Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
  • Proven ability to interact with customers successfully

Compensation and Benefits

  • Competitive total compensation packages

  • 12 paid holidays

  • Unlimited time off (in accordance with your leader)

  • 100% matching 401(k) contributions (up to 3%) with an additional Annual Contribution of 3% - that’s a total of 6% of your annual compensation in Company-provided contributions!

  • Lump sum relocation may be offered where eligible.


Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.

Get jobs straight to your inbox

Anonymous company reviews, virtual recruiting events, and a supportive community for women when you sign up.

About the company

Industry: Industrial: Equipment Manufacturing

At Wabtec, we are in the business of realizing potential. Our employees are the architects of the future. Go just about anywhere and you’ll find us. If you want to move and improve the world, start here.