Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary/ Purpose:
Electrical engineer will support the Plant Services organization and has the responsibility to understand our customer’s goal, the facility impact, organizational efficiencies, contractor and engineering firm capabilities, along with meeting the indirect sourcing procedures, and Environmental, Health, and Safety standards for the Transportation sites. You must plan, prioritize, communicate, assign, supervise, review, and participate in the daily work activities with the customer and facility support groups. Analyze production impacts, safety, cost, schedule, and quality of work being performed. Will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role, you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others.
Essential Skills/ Responsibilities:
· Provide electrical engineering for assigned projects: this includes developing customer requirements, engineering design, drawings, specifications for the installations, modifications, rearrangements, or expansion of manufacturing spaces, processes, office, labs or test, and all landlord buildings / grounds facilities
· Liaison between all involved parties, repeatedly inspects both the job site and design plans ensuring that all is compliant with regulations, building codes, and engineering/safety plant standards
· Manage all work orders and purchase orders
· Coordinate and maintain facilities management databases
· Project records must be maintained for future audits
· Develop project statements, scope of work, conceptual plans, budget and schedules
· Help ensure timely and efficient completion of facility/manufacturing projects
· Assist team members by identifying and executing facility/manufacturing projects
· Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities and resolving issues
· Manage and assist the contract engineers and other firms/consultants
· Field investigation of projects and coordinate design with other engineering disciplines.
· Clearly understand needs of customer and plan out the engineering design tasks and the project tasks
· Knowledge of the National Electric Code, NFPA 70E, and IEEE standards.
· Participate in cross-functional teams to improve the organizations processes and procedures
· Participate in design reviews and safety plan reviews
· Clearly understand, communicate, and enforce internal safety program
· Understand the facility and accounting cost structure, be able to create budgetary project costs, ability to create bid specifications for final sow, and be accountable for the project costs
· Ability to read and translate electrical, mechanical, and structural/civil drawings
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 5 years of experience in industrial electrical design)
BS or MS in Electrical Engineering
Registered Professional Engineer in Pennsylvania
Experience with industrial electrical power systems (from 34.5KV down to control power), power delivery equipment, switchgear, transformers, lighting, etc.
Knowledge of security and fire alarm systems
Additional experience in facilities planning, design and construction management.
Strong oral and written communication skills, interpersonal/leadership skills, computer skills
Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking ability
Excellent planning/project management skills
Strong functional/working knowledge of electrical, mechanical, structural/civil engineering disciplines.
Experience working in the industrial environment
Knowledge of the OSHA, NEC, NFPA, EHS, standards
Knowledge of schedule and resource planning techniques and software
Ability to make decisions quickly
Ability to derive detailed scope of work plans and coordinate contractors to perform tasks
Communicate and drive safety and quality while maintaining costs
Strong problem-solving skills and understanding of estimation and budgeting process
Strong negotiation skills with customers, management, peers, and subordinates
Strong knowledge of contract administration; technical, legal and commercial
Solid oral and written communication skills
Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
At Wabtec, we are in the business of realizing potential. Our employees are the architects of the future. Go just about anywhere and you’ll find us. If you want to move and improve the world, start here.