Finance Analyst

Wabtec Corporation

Chicago, IL


Position summary

Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at:

It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.

*This role can be permitted to work with a Hybrid Schedule. Expectations are to work remotely Monday and Friday. Onsite days are expected Tuesday through Thursday.

**Relocation assistance may be available to those who qualify


The Finance Analyst - TCOS will be responsible for providing overall financial reporting and analysis for the TCOS segment within the Network Optimization business.

This position will require the ability to prepare and analyze reports, assist with STRAP/Budget development, and be a recognized agent of change.


  • Financial reporting responsibility for the TCOS business; including month-end close, journals, intercompany transactions, reconciliations and forecasting
  • Strong partnership with project controller, project management and operational teams
  • Lead TCOS planning cycles including developing estimates, operating plans/forecasts/reviews/reports, including STRAP (5-year plan), and Budget (annual operating plan)
  • Update/Review financial & operating metrics across the business unit, analyzing key drivers of results; identify risks and opportunities
  • Prepare and participate in reviews with management, providing clear and concise information and analysis for the TCOS P&L
  • Drive standardization & process improvements in financial planning and reporting

Basic Quals:

  • Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
  • Minimum of 5+ years of progressive financial and/or operational experience
  • Strong financial reporting and analysis experience

Desired Quals:

  • Knowledge of accounting policy and practices
  • Strong oral and written communication skills
  • Strong interpersonal, leadership skills and influencing skills
  • Ability to work in a highly matrixed organization
  • Strong collaboration working cross functions
  • Established analytical ability
  • Oracle/Hyperion knowledge/experience (not required but preferred)

Wabtec provides a competitive total compensation package that includes a comprehensive employee benefits program.

Wabtec also contributes Annual and Matching contributions to your 401(k) account to help your savings grow. Each pay period, Wabtec will match 100% of your contribution up to a maximum of 3% of your eligible compensation. Wabtec also will make an Annual Contribution of 3% of your compensation, whether you contribute your own funds to the Savings Plan. That’s a total of 6% of your annual compensation in Company-provided contributions!

12 paid holidays

Unlimited time off (in accordance with your leader)

Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.

Get jobs straight to your inbox

Anonymous company reviews, virtual recruiting events, and a supportive community for women when you sign up.

About the company

Industry: Industrial: Equipment Manufacturing

At Wabtec, we are in the business of realizing potential. Our employees are the architects of the future. Go just about anywhere and you’ll find us. If you want to move and improve the world, start here.