t haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Lead Electrical Commodity Manager will be responsible for the commodity strategy including supplier management and performance. In addition, the Lead Commodity manager will own the budget and frame agreements for the commodity.
- Commodity & Supplier Management:
- Establish the strategy for the Electrical commodity, including the “make or buy” decisions.
- Develop technical and regional supplier market intelligence.
- Build, qualify, develop and manage the regional supplier panel including rationalization.
- Define and deploy supplier risk assessments including sole, single and dual sourcing plans.
- Drive supplier performance reviews.
- Supplier Relationship Management:
- Manage relationships with regional suppliers and be the key point of contact.
- Drive and monitor selection process of new suppliers.
- Build forecast and budget for the Electrical commodity.
- Monitors producer price index savings on a monthly basis and drives action plans.
- Request for Quotes (Off Cycle & Serial Life):
- Manages RFQ, offer evaluation, negotiation and contracting: frame agreements, off cycle and serial life contacts.
- Optimizes PO payment terms implements supplier payment process automation.
- Project Sourcing:
- Provides supplier vendor list to project buyers.
- Responsible for contracting suppliers that are new for the site.
- Contributes to final negotiations, ensuring leverage of scale affect across other ongoing projects.
- Validates supplier selection from project buyers and participates in the Project Sourcing Committee.
- Drives sourcing competitiveness for existing and standard parts.
- Responsible for re-sourcing in serial life.
- Responsible for contract amendments and re-negotiations.
- Intervenes in major supplier issues once escalated.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college OR 7-10 years of experience in Sourcing/Procurement, Program Management, Supply Chain, Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in Sourcing
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Proven financial, quantitative and data analysis skills
- Familiarity with Sourcing Systems
- Ability to articulate both simple and complex situations in a concise and logical manner
- Ability to prioritize with strong attention to detail
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.