Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Locomotive Test Technician (1st/Day Shift) in our Locomotive Final Assembly area will be responsible for the testing and checking of all major components and subsystems of a Locomotive prior to final shipment to the customer. In this role you will be responsible for troubleshooting methods to identify problems, critically analyze and develop solutions, and report key findings to various key stakeholders including; Quality organization and internal production departments.
- Associate’s degree in an Electrical / Mechanical discipline or related technical discipline from an accredited university or college (Or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 2 years of Military Technical Training or Electrical/Test experiences)
- A minimum of 1 year of work experience in an industry related field
What to expect:
Test Technician duties may include but is not limited to the following:
- Test all electrical and mechanical systems on a locomotive and locomotive sub-assemblies including but not limited too complicated circuits, electrical measurements, air brake systems, diesel engines, and interactions between all systems
- Diagnose, adjust, troubleshoot and repair all defects found during testing
- Perform tests required for emissions and fuel consumption or other engineering testing for all types of locomotives
- Conduct track testing of all types of locomotives and be expected to follow all rules pertaining to the operation of a locomotive
- Calculate and record data; data may have to be compiled into test reports for record keeping
- Use material transport devices including but not limited to radio controlled cranes, forklifts and tuggers
- Work with various engineering departments and outside vendors
- Conduct auditing of all phases of production to verify conformity to all mechanical and electrical standards
- All tests may have set ups and special instrumentation required to determine parts performance and systems characteristics
- Knowledge of AC / DC theory, Digital Electronics, and Fiber Optics
- Knowledge and/or training in Pneumatic Air Systems
- Understanding and ability to work with complicated electrical schematics, verbal instructions, and / or drawings
- Ability to meet physical / safety standards for test track operations on all types of Locomotives
- Ability to operate computers and recording instrumentations including; maintenance and calibration, to validate pre / post conditions of Locomotives
- Ability to set up, operate, test, adjust, perform defect analysis, and repair radio frequency equipment (Complete equipment), requiring a Federal Communications Commission Second Class Radiotelephone License
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to properly use and care for assigned tools and equipment
- Ability to adhere to standards and do a quality job in a safe and timely manor
- Willingness and ability to work any shift
- Ability to promote climate of cooperation, such as; leading by example mentoring others in Quality, Safety, Environmental, Lean, and HPWT philosophies
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in any combination / concentration in Quality, Safety, Environmental, Lean, and HPWT philosophies
- Ability to rotate through all or most of the processes, rather than being assigned to a specific task
- Ability to work as part of a team and perform all related duties
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.