Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
- This EBX Developer of IT Data & Analytics is responsible for Building and maintaining EBX data models in alignment/support of critical business strategies. Facilitates continues process improvements within team. Determines organizational impact of software maintenance issues and develops overall strategy to address them. Collaborate with business team and other MDM development team, ensure project schedules are properly estimated and controlled.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the user requirements are understood and agreed upon
- Work with MDM project manager and architects to create an appropriate design
- Create EBX Data models, Workflows, maintain users and their access
- Develop Proof of concept if needed, Coordinate with EBX vendor
- Maintain EBX platform up to date with upgrades & patches.
- Develop the necessary Coding, debugging using relevant programming languages to fulfill the user requirements
- Perform unit data validation as best as possible before asking the users to perform their own integrated validation
- Create documentation required to turn application code over to operational support team for day-to-day support
- Follow ITIL processes for deployment of code to Pre-Prod and Prod environments
- Other duties as assigned
- University degree or the equivalent combination of education.
- The candidate should have 2-4 years of experience in Designing and developing MDM application using EBX solutions is required.
- Ability to speak and write in both French and English
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in implementing features of MDM using TIBCO EBX tool.
- Experience designing and implementing workflows, user access and roles in TIBCO EBX tools.
- Experience implementing end to end master data solutions using TIBCO EBX.
- Experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery, and associated tooling such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, and GitHub.
- Able to evaluate competing data solutions and select the best option for data distribution storage, microservices, and API's given the current and future needs of the organization.
- Significant experience across multiple platforms/technologies including Java
- Experience in developing Unix, and/or Windows based applications
- Expertise in gathering requirements from business users / stakeholders and effectively translating them into robust data models.
- Knowledge of data warehouse & Datalake solutions optional.
- Flexibility and demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies when the need arises
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment, teams from multiple regions of the world
- Organized and rigorous with respect to development work and processes
- Ability to make proposals and have a real desire to work on strategic projects
- Dynamic, conscientious, autonomous, shows great team spirit and proactivity
- Ability to work with only moderate amount of supervision
- Strategic and creative thinking to analyze issues that may arise and create solutions.
- Ability to respond positively to feedback and implement change in process, procedures and behaviors as needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.