Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
TITLE: Lead Material Handler
POSITION TYPE: Non-Exempt
• Prior experience in leadership/supervision
• Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree preferred
• Ability to take ownership of own and other members’ safety
• Experience working in a production/warehouse environment
• Experienced in forklift operation
• Demonstrated communication and listening skills and ability
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve effectively and efficiently
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to lead by example and also involve others in the decision making process
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and be flexible by adjusting priorities
• Ability to innovate
• Meet customers’ needs and expectations
• Microsoft Office proficient, including but not limited to Outlook and Excel
• Daily scheduling and effective resource allocation
• Monitor performance of team members, providing feedback and documenting
results through performance appraisals
• Coach and guide team members in need of development and lead corrective
• Effectively manage member relations with the team and co-workers
• Effectively conduct team meetings
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
At Wabtec, we are in the business of realizing potential. Our employees are the architects of the future. Go just about anywhere and you’ll find us. If you want to move and improve the world, start here.