Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Logistics Specialist - Locomotive Maintenance Facility
Founded in 1869, Wabtec (NYSE: WAB) is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions, and value-added services. Our Freight Services Division provides locomotive maintenance services to our customers, helping them keep their locomotives running at optimal levels.
This position works onsite at our customer's facility where you'll play a critical function in ensuring maintenance materials are always available for locomotive repairs and maintenance.
Never worked around locomotives? That's ok! Bring your materials/logistics expertise to this role and we'll train you on the rest!
What You'll Do
- Responsible for inventory management and inventory control metrics in a 24/7 shop environment which includes, but is not limited to:
- Pulling material from warehouse for shop use and ensuring material is issued to correct locomotive with all necessary information: position, serial number, removal reason, service sheet.
- Weekly managing stockouts, including obtaining updated estimated times of arrival for completely stocked out parts or parts low on stock.
- Daily performing cycle counts to find and correct inconsistencies in inventory on hands.
- Forecasting material needs for inbound and in-shop locomotives and pulling in any needed material in the timeliest and cost efficient manner.
- Performing quality control processes on inbound and outbound shipments to meet company standards including checking shipment documents for discrepancies and resolving potential transportation delays or conflicts.
- Arranging LTL and Expedite shipments using the Ryder portal as well as ensuring correct paperwork is attached to all shipments and correct BOLs are used for proper billing. Ensuring customs documents are requested and obtained prior to shipping when needed.
- Effectively using multiple software programs to order, receive, ship, and track material to and from the warehouse. Including Hazmat material with appropriate shipping documents.
- Reading mechanical drawings to determine needed material.
- Forklift Operation including daily shift inspections.
- Compiling reports on various inventory metrics.
- Processing sales of material
- Retrieving repair cycle assets from shop floor, including timely and appropriate processing of assets in Oracle to ensure material is repaired and returned to stock quickly.
- Restocking warehouse and shop floor material.
- Performing general housekeeping, maintenance, and organization of the warehouse.
- Processing warranty claims on any removed core that is warranty eligible.
- Performing daily counts of large commodity assets including verification of serial number and size for both FGI and repair cycle assets.
- Daily answer requests from Circle of Service shops requesting additional material for locomotives, ensuring the correct parts are requested, workorders are open, material is transacted correctly in Oracle, and appropriate shipping is arranged.
- Wearing of the proper safety equipment is a must.
- Recording of materials transactions such as receiving, distribution and Usage via appropriate system transaction or computer program.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department.
- Assist/lead with the coordination of physical inventory counting.
- All other job duties as assigned and required
- High school diploma / GED
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Successful previous experience working in a logistics or shipping/receiving work environment
- Previous experience safely operating forklifts and other shop equipment
- A high level of attention to detail in juggling multiple duties/responsibilities
- Must have the ability to work in warehouse/shop environment
- Previous experience or ability to work non-standard/shop coverage work schedules
- The ability to maintain reliable and predictable attendance
- A high level of dependability, a great attitude, and an ability to work well with a team towards achieving a common goal
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.