Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Principal Transit Heavy Rail Signal Engineer
A Principal Signal Engineer is a key Member of the Wabtec Team and provides high level technical support, leadership and supervision in relation to bidding, design, checking and testing signal systems in accordance with regulatory, company and client standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Signaling concept & scheme development, including feasibility studies, business case preparation and conceptual design
- Significant experience with the design of complex North American heavy rail transit signaling ATP/ATC systems supporting headways between 180s to 60s
- Significant experience with the design of jointless AF track circuits with associated speed control circuits
- Experience with the design and implementation of CBTC solutions
- Experience with the design and testing of Power Frequency track circuits
- Experience with the design of traction return bonding plans
- Architecting unique signaling solutions for design build pursuits to optimize Wabtec’s value proposition
- Complex Signal design, check and verification of signaling interlocking data, signaling plans, track insulation plans, control tables and circuit design for new and altered works
- Ensuring that the signaling designs produced conform to quality procedures and customer standards
- Assisting in function testing signaling installations, including new technologies and techniques both for company work and contract work prior to commissioning
- Providing input into the signaling product line strategy/ business plans, as required, and contributing towards its achievement
- Providing technical management of selected projects (or components of projects), taking responsibility for resource allocation, managing subcontractors, managing the production of analysis and design (including drawings and reports), ensuring the integrity of the overall design (in collaboration with other design disciplines), quality assurance and client feedback
- Liaising with and assisting the Project Manager to ensure commercial aspects relating to the design team(s) (e.g. contract, invoicing, client management etc.) can achieve a successful result
- Providing leadership, direction and technical advice to project team members;
- Taking a proactive role in developing team members to their full potential, leading by example to achieve sector/divisional goals and championing a quality, innovative and entrepreneurial culture; and
- Building effective relationships with clients on projects and maintaining a good understanding of the background of the client’s business and industry
- Develop training plans and performance improvement plans to address skill set gaps identified in junior personnel.
- At least 15 years’ experience including B.S.- Engineering or equivalent Work experience.
- Experience supervising aspects of a project of significant scale and/or complexity, application of standards, managing of resources and technical knowledge
- PE Preferred
- Experience of delivering designs and reports at all stages from concept through to final project and construction delivery
- Demonstrated technical, commercial and delivery acumen coupled with experience seeking and securing new opportunities
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, both internally and externally, and the ability to manage and mentor teams; and
- Demonstrative experience in complex signaling design and review, supervising aspects of a project, application of standards and technical knowledge
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.