Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As a Product Support Engineer (PSE), you will be a key member of the team providing technical services and product support to customers using products in the Digital Mine portfolio. This includes CAS (Collision Awareness System) and DGS (Drill Guidance System) as well as other products that are added or developed in the future.
- Work with customer representatives to define and document system requirements;
- Configure the system as appropriate to operate according to agreed customer requirements;
- Perform factory testing / verification of system operation and performance for configured systems;
- Work with services team to ensure successful deployment of new systems;
- Work with customers to deliver ongoing configuration changes to the system, ensuring adherence with customer change management requirements;
- Support firmware, software and configuration updates to ensure the system operates as required;
- Perform services as defined by SLAs, both in the office and on site as required, ensuring high quality documentation is captured;
- Provide first line technical support for customers and partners to ensure the correct operation of products in the field, following up with clear and timely customer communication;
- Liaise with Product Management and engineering to ensure that reported issues are triaged and managed appropriately to conclusion;
- Engage with Product Managers to advocate for the customer in terms of quality, functionality and prioritization; and
- Adopt new software as it is released from engineering, providing feedback on issues or suggestions for improvements.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with Linux administration, Microsoft Server, IIS and SQL Server;
- Sound knowledge of current network and communications technology;
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics;
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, problem solve and manage resolution to technical system issues;
- Proven competence in root cause analysis;
- Able to manage and prioritise simultaneous demands across in accordance with agreed key performance objectives;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail;
- Customer service focused, with a strong work ethic and ability to work unsupervised;
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills and ability to develop effective customer relationships; and
- Commitment to working safely and ensuring compliance with relevant policies, procedures and legislation.
- Tertiary degree in IT, software or computer engineering (or equivalent experience);
- Experience in an engineering, IT, scientific or other technical position;
- Sound technical knowledge / expertise in electronic components, systems and communications / networking technology;
- Industry experience in a mining environment or with mobile fleet equipment;
- Electrical, Auto Electrical or Radio Communications Trade Certificate; and
- Experience with the use of CRM (Salesforce), helpdesk or ticketing applications.
- Flexible work hours to accommodate varying time zones;
- Occasional travel to customer sites (including international regions);
- Position will require company funded attainment of mining industry medical and inductions;
- A current driver’s license is required; and
- Wabtec supports a flexible work environment including reasonable remote work from your home base.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.