Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Project Management of B classification projects, multiple C classification Projects or supporting Lead Project Management on A classification project(s).
Safety Project/Contract & Claim Management Functional Interfaces Customer Interface Project Execution Project/Portfolio Performance & Governance Project Management Talent, Processes & Network
- Responsible in promoting Safety of the Railway (SotR) to ensure that our product does not endanger the travelling public, train crew, trackside workers or other stakeholders
- Promote and actively develop the Safety Culture within Wabtec
- Responsible for ensuring self and all required personnel complete enabling safety processes to reduce injuries and near misses (e.g. Safety Behavioral Observations (SBOs), Near Miss reporting) as nominated by Line Manager/Director
- Communicate and enforce Safe Systems of Work (SSoW)
- Participate in Safety Audits and Investigations as required.
- Responsible for project / contract management across their assigned B/C class project(s) and contributes, working with the Lead Project Manager, on A class projects.
- Responsible for the project claims across their assigned B/C class project(s) and contributes, working with the Lead Project Manager, on A class projects.
- Responsible for project interfaces between all Core Team functional members on assigned B/C class project(s) and contributes on assigned A class projects.
- Responsible as the escalation point on critical functional topics on assigned B/C Class Project(s) and to contribute, working with the Lead Project Manager, on A class projects.
- Responsible for Customer Interfaces on assigned B/C Class Project(s) and to contribute, working with the Lead Project Manager, on A class project(s) within a Product Line context during Project Execution
- Responsible for the project execution as per contractual obligations & takeholder commitments on assigned B/C class project(s), and contributing on the A class projects
- Responsible as the escalation point for all critical execution topics for assigned for the assigned B/C class project(s), and contributing on the A class project(s) within the relevant Product Line
- Responsible for completion of Gate Reviews on assigned B/C class project(s), and contributing on the A class project(s) in-line with Customer Milestones
- Contributes to the Product Line bid preparation & approval process / hand-over process as required
- Responsible for the performance (Technical, Operational & Financials) and escalation on critical topics on assigned B/C class Project(s), and contributing on the A class project(s)
- Responsible for the assigned Project(s) core team governance, routines, meetings & reviews and contributes, supporting the Lead Project Manager, on A class projects
- Responsible for the assigned project(s) cash/sales management & contract margin improvement and contributes, supporting the Lead Project Manager, on A class projects
- Informed on the Implementation of the project management talent (Training and Development) process within the product line by the Head of Projects
- Responsible for the implementation of the UK Group project management processes and tools on assigned Project(s)
- Informed on the product line project management networking
- Contract On-Time Delivery (C-OTD)
- Contract Documentation Requirements List (CDRL) on-time delivery (CDRL-OTD)
- Project Gate reviews OTD (GR-OTD)
- EAC Contract Margin Evolution
- Adhere at all times to the company’s Health, Safety & Environmental instructions and requirements
- Adhere at all times to the company’s values
- Take on any other reasonable responsibilities or tasks that are within the employee's skills and abilities
- Project Core Team – Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality, Finance and Safety departments.
- Customers & Key Suppliers
- Flexible to travel to several Wabtec UK sites and customer locations
Experience and Qualifications:
APM or PRINCE 2 Qualified.
Project Management experience.
Knowledge key project management principles including Programme, change and risk management and business acumen
Good understanding of Health and Safety legislation.
Proficient IT skills(particularly Excel).
Ability to efficiently organise workload.
Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.