Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Quality Technical Advisor is responsible for leading all elements of manufacturing quality in their assigned areas within the Ft. Worth Locomotive plant (TXL) on 2nd shift. The QTA’s primary responsibility will be for Platform and Final Assembly, and occasionally to provide quality support for other areas operating on 2nd shift. The QTA will drive resolution of quality problems, ensure compliance with Quality Management System procedures, and lead continuous improvement projects. In short, the QTA will ensure and improve the overall quality of processes and products in their areas. As the 2nd shift volume and business needs change over time, the QTA’s responsibilities may also change.
For assigned area(s):
· Provide leadership as the main quality interface with Manufacturing, Engineering, Services, and other functions
· Lead root cause investigations of quality issues and containments of quality escapes; issue Quality Alerts and keep all stakeholders informed on progress and resolution
· Define, implement, and manage Quality Inspection Plans and other quality processes to meet customer quality expectations, internal quality expectations, and financial and contractual commitments
· Define, monitor, and improve quality metrics (Infancy F/LY, DPU, NCMRs, CARs, Audits, Gage Calibration, Manufacturing Losses, etc.)
· Work closely with 1st shift counterpart QTAs and Quality Manager to ensure clear communication, strategic alignment, and smooth handoffs of issues that extend more than one shift.
· Be self-motivated and seek out ways to improve quality when the shift is less busy. Work on proactive or longer-term projects, look for trouble before it happens, don’t wait to be told what to do.
· Work closely with area teams to set goals and drive continuous improvement activities, mentor Quality Star Points and teaming quality projects
· Lead quality culture improvement inside own areas and across areas. Work with the Quality Manager and other QTAs to promote a customer-focused “one team” approach to quality
· Continuously develop product and process knowledge, become a product and process expert
· Own process compliance: understand applicable Quality Management System documents, perform quality audits to ensure consistent adherence to procedures and processes, and drive CARs and improvement plans to address nonconformance
· Lead Manufacturing PPAPs and FAIs for significant process changes
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years of manufacturing experience)
· Strong customer focus, able to relay and operationalize a genuine sense of urgency
· Welding experience and working knowledge of welding types, techniques, drawings, procedures, and qualifications. Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) a plus
· Experience with assembly, electrical, and test processes, including ability to interpret blueprints, drawings, schematics, and specifications
· Ability to influence others and lead cross-functional teams
· Experience in a Quality, Manufacturing, or Engineering role, with increasing responsibility
· Demonstrated hands-on technical problem-solving experience
· Experience with MES, Reliance, Proficy, eServices, i360, and other Wabtec supply chain quality and operational data sources
· Ability to communicate issues effectively at all levels
· Computer and data analysis skills including intermediate Excel
· Experience with PPAP or similar part qualification processes
· Statistically literate and familiar with Six Sigma quality concepts and tools
· Knowledge of ISO and AAR standards, quality procedures, and audit techniques. Certified auditor a plus
*** May be eligible for relocation
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
At Wabtec, we are in the business of realizing potential. Our employees are the architects of the future. Go just about anywhere and you’ll find us. If you want to move and improve the world, start here.